Knowledge and Capacity Development Advisor
Organization: Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)
Posting Date: 03 November 2015
Closing Date: 04 December 2015
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Assignment: Individual Contractor
Position Number: GGGI-HR_15-143
*Expected start date is January 2016, pending final budgetary approval
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a new international organization committed to strong, inclusive green growth. We assist developing and emerging countries with integrating their ambitions for strong economic performance and environmental sustainability with the goal of bringing about poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Headquartered in Seoul, GGGI was established by treaty in June 2012 at the United Nations Rio+20 Conference by an initial group of eighteen nations who share the organization's vision. To date, there are a total of 24 Member Countries who have joined the organization.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering bankable projects and programs that are aligned to countries' development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers, as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
GGGI is supporting the Government of Indonesia in three focal areas: energy, infrastructure projects within special economic zones, and forest and land-based mitigation projects. The Program, known as the 'GoI-GGGI Green Growth Program,' aims to demonstrate that green investments is possible and can become the norm both for investors and for planners, ultimately improving the quality of growth and development. To ensure sustainability of the Program, knowledge development and management is a core component in support of capacity development of relevant stakeholders. Through the Program, GGGI collaborates with BAPPENAS, the Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, and Ministry of Environment and Forestry. Central Kalimantan and East Kalimantan are the selected pilot provinces.
To support program delivery, GGGI seeks to hire a Knowledge and Capacity Development Advisor who will be the lead thinker in designing an appropriate green growth training curricula and modules as well as stand-alone knowledge products collaborating closely with the Government of Indonesia. The position requires strategic thinking skills to identify the most suitable approach to structure curricula and modules as well as the appropriate mechanisms for learning, training, and dissemination. The role will involve some travel to Central and East Kalimantan Provinces as key pilot provinces of the program and possibly other provinces.
The position reports to the GGGI Head of Program /Country Representative in Indonesia and is part of the global Green Growth Planning and Implementation (GGP&I) team . The position will be based at a relevant government agency to be part of the 'hybrid team' with government counterparts.
The Knowledge and Capacity Development Advisor will be responsible for leading the capacity development component of the GoI-GGGI Green Growth Program. The Advisor will manage a team and guide/supervise green growth curricula and module design, development of other knowledge and learning products including audio-visual products, and innovative learning platforms.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the component on Capacity Development and be responsible for leading the strategic, managerial, and technical elements under this component;
- Closely collaborate and liaise with GGGI's Knowledge Solutions Division (KSD) based in Seoul to more effectively access and apply international knowledge products and expertise, to identify priorities for new knowledge products and research, and to share Indonesia's own green growth experience and successes with GGGI's international partners, such as the Green Growth Knowledge Platform, and with other GGGI partner countries;
- Synthesize knowledge from technical components and turn these into innovative, easy-to-understand learning materials;
- Collaborate with a government agency (possibly the National Institute for Public Administration) to design a green growth curriculum and relevant modules based on the agency's standards for different target audiences and meeting relevant administrative and legal standards to ensure the curriculum can become part of the mandatory training for government officials;
- Identify and develop green growth trainers and coaches to run green growth training sessions and lead the piloting of training programs;
- Organize relevant workshops and focal group discussions with key national and subnational stakeholders to ensure capacity development efforts meet government needs;
- Collaborate with GGGI KSD in Seoul to organize knowledge exchange between GGGI member countries and country programs in support of cross- fertilization of green growth knowledge; and
- Work closely with GoI partners in implementing the above, recognizing the importance of government buy-in and ownership in the implementation of all ativities under the collaborative GoI-GGGI Green Growth Program.
All applicants must hold exemplary and relevant academic credentials, and must hold a post-graduate degree in a relevant subject from a leading academic institution. The position requires 10 years of experience, although less years of experience will be considered if outstanding experience is shown.
- Masters Degree in knowledge development and/or related subjects;
- Recognized leadership in past appointments as a succesful and innovative leader in the learning arena, with experience in learning platform and curriculum design as well as innovative learning methods;
- Proven experience and track record in project and team management and in quality assurance;
- Strategic skills with a track record in demonstrating successful deployment of relevant knowledge products;
- Demonstrated ability to garner support from a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure local ownership of the various knowledge and learning products;
- Ability to easily grasp economic, finance, investment, and related environmental, social, and climate-related issues, and ability to communicate the green growth message in a clear and simple way to a diverse audience;
- Outstanding interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills, and consensus-building skills, and ability to foster strong relationships with key government agencies and to understand government needs;
- Actively seeks and considers diverse ideas and approaches, applying ICT tools, and ability to work as part of a team; an entrepreneurial spirit is an asset;
- Flexibility, responsiveness, and ability to manage multiple activities while meeting tight deadlines, and with demonstrated ability to lead and work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Effective and efficient operational and organizational skills - project management and project coordination experience;
- Possessing multi-cultural literacy and easily adaptable; and
- Strong oral and written English and Indonesian is essential.
HOW TO APPLYInterested candidates should apply to: HERE
Please submit CV and Cover Letter in English
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.