Project Finance Specialist
Organization: Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI)
Posting Date: 03 November 2015
Closing Date: 04 December 2015
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Assignment: Individual Contractor
Position Number: GGGI-HR_15-142
*Expected start date is January 2016, pending final budgetary approval
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a new international organization committed to strong, inclusive green growth. We assist developing and emerging countries with integrating their ambitions for strong economic performance and environmental sustainability with the goal of bringing about poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Headquartered in Seoul, GGGI was established by treaty in June 2012 at the United Nations Rio+20 Conference by an initial group of eighteen nations who share the organization's vision. To date, there are a total of 24 Member Countries who joined the organization.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering bankable projects and programs that are aligned to countries' development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
The Indonesia Program seeks to hire a Project Finance Specialist to support the collaborative green growth program with the Government of Indonesia (GoI). The position will be based in Jakarta and work within a varied and dynamic team and support GGGI's national and sub-national work with the GoI, specifically with Bappenas, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Ministry of Finance, Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs as well as related agencies at provincial and district level in East and Central Kalimantan.
The position will support numerous activities under a variety of outputs across the GoI-GGGI Green Growth Program, primarily taking a leading role in the financial analysis and risks assessments relevant to green infrastructure projects, especially in the renewable energy sector in Central and East Kalimantan but also to support green infrastructure development more broadly in Special Economic Zones and in the forest-landbased mitigation sector. The role will involve extensive travel to Central and East Kalimantan, with extended stays in the provinces and occasionally to Seoul for training.
The position will be responsible for providing day to day technical advice to the GGGI Indonesia team and relevant GoI counterparts related to project finance and risk assessments. The position should be as practical as possible, support the building of the business cases for green energy, forest and landuse mitigation projects, and green SEZs, and facilitate discussions between investors and government. The position is expected to be the go-to person for all project finance related matters in GGGI Indonesia.
The position reports to the relevant GGGI Program Manager in Indonesia and is part of the global Green Growth Planning and Implementation (GGP&I) team. The position will be based within a government department to be part of the 'hybrid team' with government counterparts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the country team to analyze, review and help guide GGGI work program with a view to developing financeable activities
- Conduct risk assessments, develop risk mitigation mechanisms
- Develop and analyze financial models - balance sheet, P&L and cash flow
- Develop strategies that will lead to ultimately bankability of projects, including assess programs in the early stages of their development
- Support in review of project documents and policy engagement processes (presentations, materials and concept note development etc.)
- Assist in the development of templates and other relevant documentation, as needed
- Closely collaborate and liaise with GGGI's Knowledge Solutions Division based in Seoul for guidance and advice
- Establish and develop stakeholder relationships in related sectors, act as focal point on subject matter
- Masters Degree in Finance and/or related subjects
- Proven and track-record experience in risk assessment and project finance; experience with financial due diligence will be a bonus
- 10 years of professional experience in renewable energy, sustainable development or other related fields preferred, however candidates with less years of experience if relevant to the position will be considered.
- Must be able to understand renewable energy policies to integrate relevant material into financial planning as they develop
- Must have experience in developing financial and risk mitigation strategies for projects, especially renewable energy projects
- Must be able to write and articulate clearly in English and Indonesian
Indonesian nationals with international experience are encouraged to apply. Less years of experience will be considered if relevant to the position.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply to: HERE
Please submit CV and Cover Letter in English
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.