Hivos is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hub Southeast Asia, Hivos seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Project Manager Coffee and Commodities
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia (with frequent travel to Sumatra)
Duration : Up to October 2016, with possibility of extension
Report to : Coordinator/Programme Development Manager Sustainable Food
The Project Manager Coffee and Commodities will be primarily responsible for the overall management of two established public-private partnerships in the smallholder coffee and white pepper sectors (in Sumatra and Bangka Belitung, respectively). The projects aim to support the regions in regaining their economic, social and environmental vitality and to offer long-term business opportunities for smallholder farmers and the private sector.
The Project Manager will ensure that effective and efficient collaboration mechanisms are established in the implementation districts, at the program level as well as with other sector stakeholders. Excellent communication with the private sector partners and the key donor agency (IDH) is crucial.
Besides overall management and coordination, The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that social (particularly gender) and environmental issues are integrated in program design and implementation. The Project Manager will work closely with Hub SEA’s Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DMEL) Officer to ensure the projects meet Hivos’s and the donor’s MEL and accountability standards.
Together with the Programme Development Manager for Hub SEA, the Project Manager will be instrumental in designing subsequent up-scaling programs and exploring new opportunities for Hivos in Sustainable Food.
The Project Manager is able to present Hivos’s vision in the field of Sustainable Food in an attractive and leading way and feel comfortable in building networks with relevant strategic partners and donor agencies in North and South.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To manage the Coffee and Commodities project portfolio, which includes processing proposals, preparing all of necessary documents and administrative handlings and monitoring partners.
- To contribute and support to the other possible expansion and thematic programs which aims to the improvement of organization.
- To provide input to the financial planning, budgeting, performance, capacity development and risks management of projects.
- To process funding request for the program, this included: entrance of nominal data and project summary in project administration, assessment of organizational capacities, viability of objectives and strategies of proposed programs/activities, and budget.
- To monitor, manage effectively and evaluate the implementation by stakeholders and communication between them.
- To represent Hivos ROSEA in (technical) coffee and commodities meetings in Indonesia and other countries when needed.
- To forge strong relationships and builds supportive networks with relevant stakeholders and managing communication, writing and translating about the project in Indonesia and the relevant work of the project’s stakeholders.
- To be responsible for the progress of the project, including: monitoring and evaluation of the impact and outcome of the grantee, providing regular progress reports.
- To prepare lessons learned from the project and develop a plan for future activities.
- To support the knowledge dissemination through trainings, mentoring and field visits.
- To contribute to Hivos overall organizational and policy development.
- To be a reliable and supportive team member for Hub SEA.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- A degree in a relevant field at University level. Ample experience in the promotion of rural entrepreneurship and collaboration with private sector actors in Indonesia
- Minimum 3 years experience in program and financial management as well as working with international donors and/or the private sector. Experience with IDH will be regarded favourably
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and the ability to promote partnership collaboration and manage effectively (cross-sector) partnership
- A convincing track-record in program development and resources mobilization
- An active attitude in developing new initiatives and building new connections
- A strong affinity for Hivos’s mission and for social and environment concerns
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Willingness to travel frequently to field locations outside Jakarta
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 25 November 2015.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Project Manager Coffee and Commodities’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.