The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity.
It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 189 countries.
Project Finance Assistant
(12 Months Fixed Term contract - possible extension)
Responsibilities and key tasks:
The Project Finance Assistant (PFA) will carry out but not limited to the following tasks:
- Review Zurich project financial report submitted by Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI), prepare journal and submit to the budget holder for approval. He/she will thoroughly check all the documents submitted, ensure that each transaction is supported with original evidence of expenditure, ensure that each expenditure is within approved budget, ensure that each transaction is properly authorised and approved as per the PMI policy and procedures.
- Ensure that each transaction is coded correctly according to the IFRC Chart of Accounts and given activity codes.
- Contact and regularly follow up with the PMI finance/program team for timely financial reporting.
- Contact PMI finance department if the finance report or a document is incomplete.
- Provide onsite training and support to district finance staffs if and when needed.
- Update financial status of the Zurich project every month (Transfer vs. expenditures, expenditures by each cost centre, etc.)
- Prepare monthly cash forecast and submit to the finance department in time.
- Support the project officer and DRR delegate in any other administrative and logistical work. This may involve travel arrangements, translation, etc. for the project team and visitors.
- The PFA will also help other project managers to review working advance reports and prepare journals according to IFRC coding structure and formats. However, the ultimate responsibility for approving/validating the report will lie with the concerned budget holders, and the PFA will not be responsible for the authenticity of the report in any way.
Qualification & Experience:
- Professional /academic qualification in finance or accounting.
- 2-3 years’ experience in finance/accounting at the same level or higher in a reputed company or organisation
- Knowledge of community based programming, disaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness, etc. is preferred
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent is preferred.
- Some experience in translation/interpretation from Bahasa to English and vice versa is preferred
- Experience working with NGOs/INGOs in a multicultural environment is preferred
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word processing and accounting packages)
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia (oral and written) is required
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 29th November 2015 at the latest to :
Human Resources Department
Please indicate on the subject heading: Project Finance Assistant
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.