For any questions related to this post, please contact: – Ms. Hermawaty Misnan, HR/Admin Assistant, email@example.com.
Position Title: Office Secretary
Deadline For Application: 6 December 2015
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is a tripartite U.N. agency with government, employer, and worker representatives as its constituents. This tripartite structure makes the ILO a unique forum in which the governments and the social partners of the economy of its Member States can freely and openly debate and elaborate labour standards and policies. The ILO Country Office for Indonesia and Timor-Leste is carrying out a diverse programme of activities and projects related to issues such as employment, labour rights and standards, social protection and skills development in order to support Indonesia in its development of an inclusive, sustainable and job rich economy and society.
The Office Secretary is expected to provide a range of support services to facilitate the Office Management and Programme unit run well.
The incumbent works under direct supervision of the Deputy Director and the overall management of the Director of ILO Jakarta. The incumbent shall work closely with relevant staff in the Management and Programming unit of the Jakarta Office.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Arrange appointments and maintain the supervisor’s calendar. Receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls, and anwers queries with discretion.
- Arrange meetings, both internal and external, some involving high-ranking officials, and take minutes and/or notes at meetings.
- Serve as administrative secretary at training courses, seminars and workshops.
- Translate brief documents, and may act as interpreter.
- Take and transcribe dictation on a variety of subject matters, and ensure that spelling, punctuation and format are correct. Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are highly confidential, including statistical tables, and ensure correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Register, classify and route correspondence, documents, reports, papers and other materials, attach necessary background information and maintain follow-up system for action and deadlines.
- Send faxes, email, pouch and express mail within the region and to headquarters in Geneva.
- Draft routine correspondence and responses, and ensure follow-up action.
- Maintain policy, confidential and general files.
- Clear outgoing correspondence for conformity with established procedures and accuracy of statements before being signed by the supervisor. Prepare administrative requests and forms for the supervisor and visiting officials and follow-up with the relevant administrative services on their processing.
- Select and make pertinent abstracts and undertake searches for information.
- Maintain up-to-date directories of constituents, ministers, government and other high level officials.
- Make travel arrangements for the supervisor and perform liaison duties with other units, UN agencies, ministries, non-governmental organizations and constituents.
- Assist in arranging programmes for in-coming official missions, make appointments with ILO’s tripartite constituents, including logistical arrangements and secretarial assistance.
- May provide guidance to other secretaries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor, including updating information on web sites.
Experience: Five years of secretarial experience in multi-cultural environment.
Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English and Indonesian language.
- Proven ability to use word processing software and email. Ability to use other software packages required by the work unit.
- Thorough knowledge of secretarial practices and procedures, and knowledge of administrative practices. Knowledge of the subject matter and programme served.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures, and computer software packages required for work.
- Knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the creation and maintenance of filing systems.
- Knowledge of protocol.
- Proven ability to draft correspondence and to ensure correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to take minutes of meetings.
- Ability to reply in an appropriate manner to telephone and in-person inquiries.
- Ability to work well with colleagues.
- Ability to organize own work and work under pressure.
- Ability to obtain services from other work units inside or outside the office for completion of tasks.
- Ability to search and retrieve information from databases and compile reports.
- Ability to respond to requests from officials from government offices, ministries, ILO constituents and NGOs.
- Ability to determine relevant background and reference materials for others, and to screen requests for urgency and priority.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion. May need supervisory skills.
- Shares knowledge – Shares important or relevant knowledge and information formally or informally; promotes knowledge transfer.
Remuneration: General Services Level 5 of the UN common remuneration system and/or commensurate with the qualifications and competency of the selected candidate, when the candidates contracted by the national organization, the remuneration will adopt UN and national regulation.
Written Examination and Interview – Prospective candidates will be required to sit in a written examination and take part in an interview.
Application: Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be notified. Please submit application indicating the Vacancy Announcement Number along with your CV, 3 references and the Statement of Competencies to:
INTERNATIONAL LABOUR OFFICE
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be notified.
The ILO promotes opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive employment in conditions of freedom, equity, security and human dignity
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.