The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization
Our Regional Delegation in Jakarta is looking for suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy:
Works directly under the supervision of the Communication Coordinator to perform the following:
- Provides translation work of various types to all ICRC departments in Jakarta, both for the Regional delegation and for Dili office when necessary.
- Ensures accurate and timely translation of incoming and outgoing official letters for all departments as required
- Ensures accurate and timely translation of incoming and outgoing reports, news releases, operational updates, interviews, speeches, speaking notes, and other documents
- Summarises documents – be they reports, news articles or other material – and provide a written summary when required
- Proofreads documents (letters, reports etc) both in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Provides 'quick sight' verbal translation of documents when required
- Provides interpretation during high- and mid-level meetings, workshops and seminars as required
- Regularly familiarizes and updates himself on local and regional events, particularly in relation to ICRC activities and other relevant information
- Supervises the translation request system.
- Overall responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work done by the translation department, and for the timely delivery of material
- Regularly updates local terminologies, (official names of ministries, departments, companies, media outlets and so forth) to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Supervises the accurate archiving of any necessary paperwork
- Produces three-monthly statistics of the translation work undertaken during that period
- Regularly updates the transliteration of the names of geographical areas in the country (governorates, cities, villages and mountains etc), to ensure accuracy.
- Organises the filing of the paper archives for the translation department
- Compiles the overall three-monthly statistics of translation work
- With the approval of his direct supervisor – and taking into consideration the different priorities for the translation work -- be willing to assist other departments with relevant tasks in times of emergency or when there are tight deadlines
- Supervises and follows up the recruitment process of a new translator when the need arises.
· Is aware of the delegation's objectives and activities
· Represents the institution in a appropriate and credible way
· Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
· Applies the security rules at all times
· Respects and observes the staff regulations of the ICRC Regional Delegation in Jakarta
· The employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- Professional skills, university education, preferably with a certified translation degree (including interpretation and proofreading)
- Excellent written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia and English (French or Portuguese would be an asset), high linguist skills
- Minimum three years of translation experience, preferably with a humanitarian organisation
- Adequate Microsoft Office knowledge including Excel and Power Point
- Able to determine priorities
- Accuracy and punctuality
- Able to meet deadlines
- Well organised
- Flexible, able to adapt
- Fast learner
- Ability to work independently and often under pressure
What we offer:
- Dynamic working environment within a reputable international organisation
- Medical and Health coverage.
- Join the training to Develop your skills
Please clearly indicate “TRANSLATOR” on your Subject application (which should include: letter of motivation, CV with photo and copies of relevant certificates, etc.) and submit to e-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The last date for receiving the applications is 30 November 2015
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.