ISLAMIC RELIEF PURPOSE:
To promote sustainable economic and social development through development programmes, helping the needy regardless of race, religion or gender.
Islamic Relief is a UK based charity that seeks to alleviate the sufferings of the world’s poorest people. The Indonesia programme was established in 2003 to deliver emergency relief and developmental activity in disaster prone and impoverished areas. Since then the agency implemented multi - sectoral programme in Banda Aceh, Banten, West Java, Jogjakarta, NTB and West Sumatera.
Presently IR is implementing a child welfare programme in Aceh and rolling out an integrated sustainable development programme in NTB. The Indonesia programme is managed by Jakarta based country office that provides administrative, programmatic and financial oversight to the field offices.
Senior Operation Officer (1 Position)
Post holder reports to: Country Director
For Procurement Post holder reports to: Logistic Coordinator
Responsible for the day to day internal (program quality, management, reporting) activities of the organization and make sure that the strategic objectives of the organization are being implemented. To provide leadership toward the achievement of the organization's vision and mission, and its annual goals and objectives.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Liaison, Data Management and Reporting
- As and when required, collate and update information pertinent to programme, government procedures, donor and institutional funding instruments etc and ensure IRI’s participation at strategic forums and coordination platforms,
- As and when required, represent the programme and organizational interests of IRI at various platforms to highlight IRI’s role in Indonesia while also achieving a well coordinated and synergetic implementation of IRI activities in the country;
- also Ensure quality and timeliness standards of reporting
- Establish local procedures in order to liaise effectively with local
- Assist in the procurement of IT equipment, by providing technical advice to Procurement staff and ensure that IT equipment is inventoried and tracked properly.
- Assist in the archiving of IR records / data in accordance with IRW’s global policy for data archiving
- Liaise with ISPs and other ICT service providers for issues relating to internet connectivity and ICT;
- Providing support to the Country Director in the reviewing of project requests describing database user needs, ICT equipments and any other issues in the time estimation and cost required to accomplish project (annually).
- Supporting IR in reviewing the procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
- Take lead in updating Islamic Relief Indonesia website and Organization Profiles.
Seasonal Programs and Emergencies:
- Take lead in the implementation of IRI Seasonal Programs e.g. Ramadhan Package and Qurbany.
- Take part and participate in IRI interventions on any Disasters & Emergencies programme through need assessment (procurement, selected the beneficiaries and location)
- Other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
Procurement and Disposal
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator in the procurement of goods and services in Jakarta and as required in field areas;
- Prepare and update technical specifications of goods and services requested by projects / country office and establish quality procedures for the purpose of control;
- Assist the logistics officer in the preparation of disposal documents (business case, value appraisal, bidding forms etc)
- Organize procurement committee meetings and circulate minutes among participants.
- Identify and scrutinize competent suppliers and periodically maintain and update a list of specialized and general order suppliers
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent data management and archiving system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner with high level of accuracy and attention to details
- Presentation skills with due attention to different audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skill with an approachable working style
- Familiar with Procurement processes.
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Able to release oneself to take part in Disaster or Emergency situations.
- Experienced in conducting assessments in Disaster or Emergency situations
- Minimum 3 years INGO experience
- Graduated from a reputable university in relevant field activities.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project
If you meet the above requirements kindly send ONLY your Application letter and detailed CV including recommendations from 3 referees (one of them your immediate former employer) to: email@example.com. Please put the job title and your name in subject of your email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 21 November 2015
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.