The Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (IUWASH) project is a sixty-month program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented under the leadership of DAI. IUWASH works with government, the private sector, NGOs, community groups and other stakeholders to improve access to safe water supply and sanitation in Indonesia’s urban areas. The overall goal of IUWASH is to assist the Government of Indonesia (GoI) in making significant progress in achieving its safe water and sanitation Millennium Development Goals (MDG) targets by expanding access to these services.
The expected results to be achieved are: 2 million people in urban areas gain access to improved water supply; 250,000 people in urban areas gain access to improved sanitation facilities; and the per unit water cost paid by the low income communities in targeted areas decreases by at least 20%. To achieve the above, assistance provided by the project is divided under three main technical components, including:
- Mobilizing demand for water supply and sanitation service delivery;
- Improving and expanding capacity for water and sanitation service delivery; and
- Strengthening policy and the financial enabling environment for improved water supply and sanitation service delivery.
As technical activities wind down and before staff members leave the project, it is important to begin to back up electronic files. Information on project servers must be stored on tapes and external harddisk. The project closedown plan must include a schedule for key IT items, such as:
- Date access to scanners, printers and peripherals will be lost
- Date access to server will go down
- Date of last entry in TAMIS or shared database
- Date users will relinquish desktops or laptops
- Date DAI email connectivity will cease
- Date Internet connectivity will cease
The objective of this scope of work is to provide assistance to the IUWASH IT Senior System Administrator on preparation and finalization of the close down IT equipment and networking for 1 national office and 5 regional offices (West Java, Medan, Semarang, Surabaya and Makassar).
To achieve these objectives IUWASH need high caliber incumbent to fill the positions of:
Close Down IT Specialist, based in Jakarta (Job Code : ITS-JKT) as Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA)
IUWASH have five regional offices that will gradually closing their offices starting February 2016.
As part of the DAI Procedures on the closing down office, all the IT equipment should be restored to the default. Cleaning the hard drives of every desktop, laptop, USB flash sticks, CD/DVDs, printer drums and server will take longer than usual, as simply reformatting the harddisk is not sufficient. The IT Senior System Administrator will start planning the process of cleaning of these IT equipment at least one month before the end date. The IT Specialist will support IT Senior System Administrator on this process to ensure the cleaning is properly completed.
The specific tasks envisioned under this assignment are as follows:
- Create the device list (Laptops, desktops, printers, Scanners, UPS, etc.)
- Install Windows or Linux Operating System (OS) on laptops or desktops.
- Install drivers laptops, desktops
- Install apps opensource (Open office, 7Zip, Adobe reader, etc.)
- Create image using Norton Ghost.
- In Field.
- Identify and prepare the device from the list which provided by Office manager to be wiped.
- Backup data on computers, server, and external hard disks, Flashdisk or SD card.
- Wipe the all data storage using Killdisk (servers, laptops, desktops, external hard disks, Flashdisk or SD card)
- Restore Image using Norton Ghost.
- Cleaning the devices from the dirt.
- Destroy tapes backup, CDs or DVDs
- Remove devices from server rack.
- Remove cable network if needed it
- Reset all devices to factory settings (Routers, Switches, printers, access point, UPS, etc.).
- Prepared all devices to be ready to be disposal.
- Support IT Senior System Administrator as required.
- Report the job progress to supervisor.
The tasks mentioned shall be completed in around 6 months, maximum. It is expected that the work starts in early January 2016 and be completed at the end of June 2016.
The IT Assistance shall possess the following qualification:
1. Minimum S1 degree in Information Technology.
2. Experienced in project close down for any USAID project is preferable.
3. Experienced in wipe software, such as KillDisk.
4. Experienced in Cloning software, such as Norton Ghost.
5. Ability to work as part of a team as well as work autonomously.
6. Positive, constructive attitude and ability to integrate feedback.
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_recruitment@dai.com before November 29, 2015. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.