ChildFund is an international child focused development agency working in 33 countries to create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of more than 10.5 million vulnerable, deprived and excluded children, families and communities, regardless of race, creed, gender or national origin. In Indonesia ChildFund has been operating for 34 years since 1973, in areas where the need is the greatest and currently reaches out to 900,000 children and family members in partnership with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces.
ChildFund Indonesia is currently seeking:
Reporting to: National Director
Based in: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration: This is a long-term position, but may start with one-year contract with renewal subject to performance.
The Program Director is responsible to provide leadership on the strategic direction and implementation of all ChildFund Indonesia programs, according to the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and ChildFund Program approaches/principles/global strategies. S/he oversees the program department to ensure effective program planning to address real causes of deprivation, exclusion, vulnerability and exclusion in children with respectful partner engagement. S/he ensures compliant and timely project implementation and reporting on all programs in the organization in accordance with the ChildFund program standards.
The Program Director ensures that our local partnerships are robust and respectful and that organizational development support is provided to them so that they continue to develop as a network of strong, independent civil society organizations representing the voice of children and youth.
The position is responsible for planning and executing strategies to expand and strengthening relationships with relevant government, local and international non-governmental organizations to ensure effective and coordinated programs.
Leadership and Management
- Responsible to provide management and technical leadership to ensure the maintenance and continuous improvement of program quality. Provides leadership & team management to the program team consisting of a pool of technical specialists, zonal managers, project managers, in minimum; identifies needs and organizes relevant training in collaboration with HR Deptfor staff capacity building.
- Oversee linkages between national office program team and technical support at the regional and headquarters level.
- Actively provides leadership for developing the Country Strategic Plan and that all programs in design and implementation, monitoring and reporting fit with the CSP
- Oversees program interventions that contribute to an enabling environment that reduces risks of vulnerability, and provides children with opportunities to develop and thrive.
- Ensures that organization’s values, program principles, accountability standards, core intent, global strategy and CSP and priority concerns are understood by all staff and partners, and reflected in program design and management.
- Ensures that national office commitment developed in the AOPB is aligned with the organizational funding model and all local partners receive and account for required funds for the implementation of planned activities; ensures that the affiliates develop annualbudget and AOP consistent with organization’s policies and/or donor requirements.
- Provide strategic program support for the development and implementation of national office’s grants acquisition by building key relationships with potential donors/partners leading to successful revenue generation and organizational growth.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Leadership for establishing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems to help measuring the organization’s progress towards its core outcomes
- Actively monitors programs for compliance through participation in auditing, regular reporting, frequent communications and routine on-site visits, providing guidance and implementing corrective action as necessary.
- Ensures that national office and its local partners comply with the terms and conditions of all awards, grants and NSPs;
- Provide leadership and continuous support in improving governance and management capacities of Local Partners.
Representation & Partnership
- Ensures that organization develops strong partnerships necessary to deliver sustainable, responsive and legitimate programs.
Reporting & Knowledge Management
- Provides timely documentation and situation analysis reports of active programs for review by the National Director and other key personnel; ensuring that our core outcomes and area of excellence are clearly outlined.
- Oversee and coordinate the technical review of reports (quarterly, annual) donor reports and technical papers to ensure the highest quality possible in conformity to organizational and donor requirements.
- Ensure documented best practices and stories shared and included in organization’s branding efforts.
- Ensure that the research projects undertaken by ChildFund Indonesia produce quality reports that are distributed widely.
- Supervise the technical specialists to document & disseminate best program practices in order to promote program quality and learning;
- Other duties as assigned
- Over 10 years’ experience in a Senior Program role in a development; social services or community organization.
- Strong leadership and team management (including managing team during change/change management), demonstrated ability in decision making, problem solving and risk taking, ability in delegating, team coaching & mentoring.
- Demonstrated relevant work experience in managing development programs, preferably in using Theory of Change approaches, community development and/or child-focused programming.
- Demonstrate experience in proposal development, including narrative writing.
- Demonstration of knowledge of program design; grant acquisition and management; resource stewardship, and cross functional coordination.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in such areas as: project, budget and resource management.
- Demonstrated skills in developing networks and building organizational reputation.
- Strong public speaking skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English;.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
- Conflict management and ability to pragmatically solve problems, plan a course of action using analytical, conceptual, strategic and forward thinking abilities to achieve an effective resolution
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to assimilate and process information on a wide range of issues.
- Computer proficiency in general office software (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
Post graduate level degree or equal educational qualifications required. Equivalent relevant work experience maybe acceptable in lieu of degree.
This position is opened for Indonesian national only.
ChildFund requires electronic lodgment of applications.
To apply, please click on the following link: HERE (and look for career opportunities/Program Director- Jakarta-Indonesia)
Deadline for lodging applications: 15 November 2015
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.