Mobile Financial Services (MFS) for Female Entrepreneurs
In partnership with a private foundation, a commercial bank, and a research team, Mercy Corps Indonesia will implement and evaluate a two-year Mobile Financial Services for Female Entrepreneurs and Farmers pilot project. The project aims to identify a cost-effective and sustainable approach to promote female entrepreneurs’/farmers’ uptake of mobile financial services, particularly savings, as a way to increase investment in and profit from their businesses/farms. The project is designed with a vision of bolstering financial inclusion for Indonesian women entrepreneurs and farmers by taking advantage of recent developments in the banking sector which have led to branchless banking initiatives being established by several banks. Branchless banking presents a unique opportunity for making financial services more accessible to the unbanked and this pilot aims to investigate how the opportunity can be capitalized to ensure female entrepreneurs and farmers benefit.
To that effect the project will roll out a set of test interventions targeting a commercial bank’s field agents and female entrepreneurs/farmers in selected locations in order to learn which activities are most cost-effective in promoting women’s uptake of mobile savings. In other words, the pilot project aims to prove that mobile savings lead to higher investment in women’s businesses and farming activities and to identify a business model that is cost effective and sustainable so that it can be adopted and scaled up after the initial pilot. The test interventions revolve around capacity building, marketing and incentives schemes and will be implemented by Mercy Corps Indonesia in close collaboration with a commercial bank. The pilot project will target approximately 400 villages in two to three districts in East Java.
Training, Mentoring and Monitoring Coordinator - MFS Female Entrepreneurs
The Mobile Financial Services for Female Entrepreneurs and Farmers pilot project will be implemented by a team of 13 people, including two Training, Mentoring and Monitoring Coordinators. They will be responsible for developing the training, mentoring and monitoring framework for the pilot project and provide technical supervision of the training, mentoring and monitoring of the 400 bank agents and 5000 women entrepreneurs/farmers in the 400 target villages. With regards to the technical supervision, each Training, Mentoring and Monitoring Coordinator will be teaming up with one of the two District Coordinators and focus on approximately 200 target villages. In these villages, s/he will also collaborate closely with the project’s Field Officers and Trainers and will also coordinate with the commercial bank and research institute to ensure that all deliverables are achieved based on the work plan.
- University degree, preferable in social sciences, economics, rural development;
- 3+ years’ experience working in development programs with emphasis on economic development and capacity building in rural setting;
- 3+ years’ experience working as training and mentoring program coordinator with strong adult learning skills (experience in business and financial literacy training and mentoring for female entrepreneurs would be an advantage);
- Solid experience in monitoring and evaluation, including application of different data collection tools, measurement methods, and data analysis (knowledge on the RCT would be an advantage);
- Experience working with the private sector, business organizations and government agencies at district level;
- Computers skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- English verbal and written communication skills.
Please send your CV with position applied on the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy will be closed 29 November 2015 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Indonesia
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.