IIE Job Opportunity
IIE is seeking qualified candidates for a Gender Advisor role for an anticipated 5-year, USAID-funded Sustainable Higher Education Research Alliances (SHERA) Program in Indonesia.
The primary objective of SHERA will be to increase the research capacity of faculty, staff, Ph.D. students and post-doctoral researchers at selected public and private higher education institutions in Indonesia through partnerships with U.S. universities. All positions are contingent upon award and approval by USAID. This will be a local hire position and will not be eligible for expatriate allowances. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume to: email@example.com and specify the position you are applying to in the subject line.
IIE is among the world’s largest and most experienced international exchange organizations, dedicated to increasing the capacity of people to think and work on a global and intercultural basis. Founded in 1919 as an independent, not-for-profit organization – and working with Indonesian partners since 1982 – IIE is committed to delivering program excellence to a diverse range of participants, sponsors, and donors.
The Gender Advisor will be responsible for providing technical support to program partners to ensure that the program meets its objective of increasing access to research and professional development opportunities for women.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Integrate gender considerations in the project’s implementation plan, performance monitoring plan, monitoring and evaluation activities, and reporting
- Provide project managers technical advice to support the achievement of outcomes reflective of gender strategies
- Provide technical leadership to the project to ensure integration of gender considerations across all project interventions
- Design and implement strategies and activities to increase women’s engagement in research and increase their opportunities to pursue a PhD, while decreasing dropout rates for women enrolled in PhD programs
- Identify successful practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials, and other fora
- Engage with USAID, Indonesian and U.S. universities, and other program stakeholders such as research institutes, advocacy groups, and women’s rights organizations to promote and support women’s engagement in research
- Convene groups of influential people and institutions in ways that encourage them to create and/or promote change within their spheres of influence
- Comply with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and follow all IIE policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties and functions as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant area such as Gender Studies or a related field; advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in academia and/or on development projects with at least 3 years of experience focusing on gender. Experience on USAID-funded programs preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of gender issues in Indonesian higher education.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia, excellent written and oral English required
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.