RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
RTI International – Asia Regional Office is seeking for highly qualified candidates to fill the Finance Manager position. Details of the position can be found below.
Under the authority of the Regional Finance Director, the Finance Manager, Asia Regional Office will be responsible for RTI accounting and financial management for projects in the Asia Region, ensuring that national legislation is adhered to, and that country specific standards are applied in ensuring efficient use of resources. The Finance Manager will be responsible to train and support project based Finance Managers on relevant subject matter including but not limited to QuickBooks, Finance and Operations Manuals, Finance and Accounting Policies and Procedures, Payroll Set Up, Timesheets and Global Monthly closing process. The Finance Manager is responsible to guide project based Finance Managers in ensuring RTI office procedures and segregation of duties are in place in accordance with RTI policies and appropriate internal controls. The Finance Manager will regularly assist the Regional Finance Director to review the financial system to identify aspects that can be improved.
- Training and on-boarding project based Finance Managers and focus on the technical finance and accounting aspects of their role. Training will include but not limited to:
- Finance and Operations Manual
- Payroll setup
- Segregation of Duties
- Banking and Cash Management
- Project Funding Request
- A/R and A/P advance management
- Support Internal and External audit in the project.
- Be a resource for temporary assignments to projects:
- Filling in as Project Finance Manager when there’s a gap position
- Project Startup and Close Out
- Training and Coaching
- Provide direct financial management support for small project which has no finance staff.
- Prepare reports as requested by Management, RTI Home Office and RTI Asia Regional Office.
- Supervise accountancy procedures: recording of transactions, filing of documents, allocation of expenses, vouchers registration, balance checking, etc.
- Verify monthly accounts from each field office in the region- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of accounting and financial documents as directed by the regional finance control.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reconciliations.
- Monitor and support Month-End close process
- Oversee the management of bank accounts: follow transfers, check balances, check authorized expenses and online transactions
- Supervise the management of cash: available amount, balance checks, security instructions
- Commitment of expenditure:
- Set up and formalize procedures for the commitment of expenditure, conform to Standard Operating procedures (SOP) procurement guidelines - Ensure that procedures are adhered to in terms of contracts and payments;
- Ensure that proofs of purchase and supporting documentation are valid (contracts, orders, bills, invoices, delivery receipts etc.)
- Team leadership
- Ongoing support of Finance Managers after their initial training.
- Ensure capacity building for finance team members in order to increase the level of technical ability and skills
- Internal Procedures and Information Flows
- Develop relevant management procedures within country teams
- Improve information flows within the department and with other departments and projects
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor in alignment with his/her professional standard.
- Master’s degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- An understanding of and commitment to RTI’s mission and values
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Excellent financial and analytical skills and experience in managing project/accounting/financial management.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on program financial performance
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of communities through capacity-building efforts
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements
- Advanced proficiency in English language.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team.
- Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant
- Physically healthy to perform the duties required.
- Demonstrated success managing and leading technical and administrative teams;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications and internet banking. Experience with QuickBooks will be an advantage.
- High standard of personal and professional integrity.
- Experience in general business administration and financial management
- Willingness to travel frequently to the field offices.
- Have knowledge in accounting, finance, taxes, and administration. Experience in auditing will be preferable.
- Experience designing, modifying and implementing trainings to staff of all levels.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to travel 30-40%
Interested candidates should send the following documentations: Application letter and CV with 3 referees. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject, and submit the application by 16 November 2015 to email@example.com.
RTI values equal employment opportunities. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.