The Nature Conservancy is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
We currently have job openings for:
GREEN GROWTH COMPACT PROJECT LEAD
The Project Lead will be the lead person to oversee all aspects of the Green Growth Compact initiative in the East Kalimantan Province. S/he provides strategic leadership and support for the Green Growth Compact initiative planning, coordination, and implementation. S/he is a member of Indonesia Terrestrial Program Senior Manager Team (SMT) and is accountable for all outputs and outcomes of the initiative under the direction of the Terrestrial Program Director. In addition, s/he will also work with global teams, including team members from World Office and/or Asia Pacific to support implementation of the initiative.
This may include one or more of the following functions:
- Engage governments, private sectors, community groups, and other key stakeholders to design Green Growth Compact and its implementation plans, and play an ongoing role in maintaining and/or updating the plan
- Develop management approaches that enable effective implementation of the Green Growth Compact
- Facilitate dialogue among key stakeholders in the East Kalimantan Province on the Green Growth Compact
- Serve as a principal contact of partnership between TNC and the Provincial Climate Change Council (DDPI) to support the implementation of Green Growth Compact, including institutional strengthening of DDPI and negotiation of agreements on green growth commitments and implementation with various stakeholders
- Facilitate negotiation of the Green Growth Compact with the objective that key stakeholders in the East Kalimantan Province share a vision of green growth that achieves economic, social, and environmental objectives
- Develop tools and capacity to accurately analyze the economic, social, and environmental impacts of planned and actual changes in the landscape
- Assess costs and potential sources of finance for overall Compact, develop a financing plan and financing commitments that align with overall Compact implementation plan, and balance investments in enablers, production, and natural capital management
- Develop and manage accountability framework for Green Growth Compact that enables transparency and attribution for inputs, governance outcomes, and management
- Engage in lessons learned sharing and policy dialogues at district, provincial, national, and international levels on the Green Growth Compact
- Oversee management of the project, including contracting processes, budget management, team coordination inside and outside TNC Indonesia, and report writing to donors.
- BA/BS degree in Forestry, Nature Conservation or related degree and 10 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree may be required.
- Knowledge of climate change and green development issues.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge & experience in project management.
- Demonstrate experience in influencing, developing and implementing conservation policy and plans at the regional and national levels.
- Experience developing and maintaining partnerships with various stakeholders partners, including governments, private sectors, international and national development organizations and NGOs, and community.
- Demonstrate complex negotiation skills.
- Fundraising experience, including identifying donor prospects and donor cultivation.
- Experience directing a major program or project of strategic importance, including management/supervision of multi-disciplinary teams and meeting deadlines.
- Experience working with current trends and practices in relevant discipline(s) and geographic regions.
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance.
- Experience with financial management of a large program.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.