World Food Programme Indonesia Country Office (CO) invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: Programme Associate (Emergency Preparedness & Response)
Post Grade: SC6
Starting Date: 1 January 2016
Duration: Initial 6 months with possibility for extension
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the overall guidance of the Country Director and direct supervision of Head of EPR, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide support and assist in the development and implementation of WFP Indonesia EPR programme, supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide technical support to BNPB to “Develop Logistics Capacity and Distribution Management during Disaster occurrence, through the establishment of a network of Logistics Humanitarian Hubs”.
- Prepare requested reports, ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and government agencies to prepare for and respond to assistance needs.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and EPR related problems.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Specific Job Requirements
1. Building EPR Capacity & Strengthening EPR partnerships
― Support the development of strategic partnerships with key EPR actors in the Country (Government, UN, NGOs, private sector);
― Support the implementation of training sessions;
― Support the organization and roll-out of EPR simulations in collaboration with partners and interagency networks
― Support networking activities to strengthen relationships with Logistics and ETC Clusters counterparts in TNI, PMI, Ministry of Social Affairs, Ministry of Communications, as well as commercial companies, academics and NGOs;
2. Technical support in EPR
― Monitoring and follow-up of existing corporate EPR tools, guidance frameworks and strategy;
― Disaster Monitoring / Early Warning information sharing (internal and with counterparts) and providing technical guidance in EW as required;
― Strengthening the sharing of EPR data and information at the CO level and between the CO and RB, HQ and partners – including GIS data.
3. Support emergency response
― Support immediate emergency response in country as required;
4. Training Sessions
― Liaise with all relevant departments, (i) within BNPB, (ii) with other concerned governmental agencies; and (iii) with any other relevant institution to organize training sessions for emergency responders
― Support the establishment of a pool of “certified trainers” in Emergency Logistics, in close partnership with BNPB and other concerned agencies;
― Roll out ToT and Logistics training sessions;
5. Simulation Exercises
― Liaise and coordinate with WFP’s main counterparts at National (BNPB) and Provincial (BPBD and Governor Office) levels;
― Liaise and engage with all concerned stakeholders part of the SimEx;
― Prepare and support planning workshops prior to the SimEx;
― Support the organization of Simulation Exercises in close coordination with Focal persons,
― Support the organization of debriefing sessions and after action reviews to reflect on the scenario and objectives of the SimEx
― Must be willing to travel extensively; and
― Perform other related duties as required
Education: University degree in International Affairs, Commercial or Humanitarian Logistics, Disaster Risk Management or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Minimum of five years of postgraduate in Logistics, Emergency Preparedness & Response and Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Programmes design and implementation.
- Input into policy discussions and decisions.
Knowledge: Demonstrated understanding of EPR related areas and coordination with Government agency, International agencies. Experience in facilitating/training in DRR is a plus.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed by e-mail to: Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org no later than 25 November 2015
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link HERE. Please state the vacancy announcement number and title of the post you are applying for in the email’s subject header line.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.