Yayasan Rumah Energi (YRE) was established on 19 November 2012 within the framework of the Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme (IDBP/BIRU), a program lead by HIVOS with partnership with SNV. The establishment of YRE is part of program strategy to enhance ownership of local actors of biogas program. YRE as an implementing partner of BIRU and trusted partner of EBTKE, is aim to lead the biogas sector in Indonesia and will playing significant role in promoting energy security with gender equality and women empowerment fully integrated.
YRE has become an implementing partners of BIRU since November 2012. Built on BIRU, in 2015 Hivos took YRE and WUR (Wageningen University and Research Centre) as consortium member and developing a project called Gathering and Dissemination of Information and Green Knowledge for Sustainable Integrating Farming Workforce. The project was kicked off in September 2015, with expecting outcomes include :
- The integrated farming and waste management systems based on the optimized use of bio-digestate and high-nutrient Lemna (duckweed) as organic fodder and fertilizer are adopted by the workforce members including women beneficiaries and vulnerable groups
- The enabling policy environment for gender-responsive energy product with sustainable agriculture and aquaculture is established
For this project, Yayasan Rumah Energi is looking for a dynamic Indonesians national to fill the following positions:
Gender and Community Engagement Officer (1 year contract, Jakarta based)
Role and Responsibilities
Supervised by GADING Project Manager and in close coordination with Organic Fertilizer Specialist and Hivos Gender Specialist, the Gender and Community Engagement Officer will integrate gender inclusiveness into GADING project for the improvement of women and vulnerable groups’ opportunities to engage in agricultural production, income generating and leadership.
The scope of work (responsibility) of the Gender and Community Engagement Officer includes:
- Improved human skills and capacity of the workforce members including women beneficiaries and vulnerable groups to adopt integrated farming and waste management system
1.1. Raising gender awareness to the GADING project implementation staffs and providing support to the team for gender integration in project cycle; planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
1.2. Working with Gender Specialist in Hivos, develop the Gender Inclusive Training Module and mechanism to integrate gender into the project cycle with Gender Action Learning System (GALS) approach applied
1.3. Coordination with Organic Farming Specialist to conduct Gender Inclusive Training for project staff and coordination with all project related staffs to ensure gender inclusiveness in other community trainings
1.4. Developing the gender-sensitive community engagement plan
1.5. Implement the community engagement process to ensure gender-specific result toward the project deliverables
1.6. Ensure that M&E implementation in GADING project is conducted with proper gender inclusive tools and systematically reported
1.7. Support YRE to improve gender inclusiveness in the current portfolio or incoming project opportunity.
- Enabling policy environment developed for gender-responsive green growth and sustainable production
2.1. Assist the Project Manager to disseminate the knowledge of bio-slurry and Lemna to government agencies and to build capacity for education institutes.
2.2. Assist the Project manager for policy advocacy at the national, provincial and district level
3. Assist to a reasonable extend the BIRU-GADING Proejct Manager and YRE in additional tasks as requested such as gender integration into the research and survey process of Gold Standard Certification, Biogas User Survey etc.
Requirements and Skills
- A minimum of Bachelor (S-1) degree.
- Experience working in rural development, practicing community engagement approach
- Have some experience in mainstreaming gender inclusiveness into the project design, monitoring, evaluation and learning. .
- Able to develop and maintain good relationships with government agencies/institutions at all levels, non-government organization, and civil society organizations to enable policy environment for gender-responsive green growth.
- Experience in preparing and conducting training
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Good command of English and Indonesian communication skills.
- Good computer skills, including internet and e-mail.
- Prepared to spent 30% of time for travel at least to four different provinces.
Applicants should send their application and CV (including three references) in pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position code as email subject. Applications are requested by 20 November 2015 at the latest; thereafter the position will remain open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.