Principal Program Manager
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Post Date: 29 December 2015
Closing Date: 29 January 2016
Type of contract: Individual Contractor
Contract/assignment duration: 3 years
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a new international organization committed to strong, inclusive green growth. We assist developing and emerging countries with integrating their ambitions for strong economic performance and environmental sustainability with the goal of bringing about poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion, and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Headquartered in Seoul, GGGI was established by treaty in June 2012 at the United Nations Rio+20 Conference by an initial group of eighteen nations who share the organization's vision. To date, there are a total of 24 Member Countries who joined the organization.
GGGI has a diverse portfolio of programs in developing countries around the world. These in-country programs, together with global products and services, focus on delivering bankable projects and programs that are aligned to countries' development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
In Support of GGGI's Indonesia Country Program, the Principal Program Manager will lead program reporting, and day to day management of 10+ program staff as well as short and long term consultants based in Jakarta and two provinces. Post holder will manage the cross-component technical coordination within the Indonesia program, ensuring synergies and leverage between all activities and information sharing between HQ, national level and provincial level activities.
The Principal Program Manager will:
- Assess effectiveness of program delivery and recommend improvements to meet long term outcomes;
- Ensure synergy and alignment of program activities and oversee effective and efficient delivery of program outputs. support the Country Representative with donor reporting and building effective networks with donors and other development partners;
- Act as the leading expert in GGGI's focal sectors, especially related to renewable energy and infrastructure sector, and have a reasonable understanding of forest and land use, REDD+ issues, as well as in designing of bankable projects and collaborating with private sector.
- Lead the engagement with the Knowledge Solutions Division at HQ in Seoul, on services provided by Green Investment Services as well as Knowledge Services;
- Be the focal point to Organization & Delivery and Strategy, Policy, Communications units related to the delivery of the bi-annual Work Program and Budget (WPB)
- Build and maintain relationships with development agencies, non-governmental organizations, and relevant private sector players also operating in Indonesia to collaborate and establish partnerships, where appropriate, to ensure the effective delivery of GGGI's Indonesia Program
- Deliver bi-annual Work Program and Budget, and Monitoring and Reporting processes, including the monitoring of logical framework and work plans;
- Oversee that all program-related outsourcing and procurement in all GGGI Indonesia program activities, results in quality products, strong government and private sector engagements, well designed projects in the energy and forest and land use sectors as well as projects within special economic zones;
- Achieve synergies between the various work streams of the program (Energy, forest and land use, greening special economic zones, and the shaping of Learning Platforms & Capacity Development activities).
- Postgraduate Degree in renewable energy, international development and/or related subjects in green growth, with minimum of 7 years of experience in managing programs in relevant sector.
- Recognized leadership, experience holding leadership positions in the past is preferred;
- Effective and efficient operational and organizational skills coupled with project management and project coordination experience, including team management and quality assurance.
- Strategic thinking with a proven track record in successful program monitoring and delivery;
- Outstanding interpersonal, stakeholder engagement and consensus-building skills, ability to foster strong relationships with key government agencies, and understand their needs;
- Flexible, responsive, and able to manage multiple activities in multidisciplinary teams, while meeting tight deadlines;
- Experience in ERP systems and ability to apply ICT tools in project management is an asset;
- Possess multi-cultural literacy and be easily adaptable;
- Strong oral and written English is essential, ability to speak Indonesian / Bahasa is an advantage.
Indonesian nationals with international experience are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidate should apply to: HERE
- Please submit Cover Letter and CV in English (Merged into one PDF file)
- Given the high volume of applications, GGGI can unfortunately only contact candidates with whom we intend to have further discussions.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.