Renewable Energy Specialist
Job Title: Renewable Energy Specialist
Location: Jakarta, with frequent travel to East and Central Kalimantan or Samarinda/Palangka Raya with frequent travel to Jakarta
Start date: 18 January 2016
End date: 30th September 2016
Full-time/part-time: 5 days a week between January – September 2016
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) seeks to hire a Renewable Energy Specialist to support their collaborative green growth program with the Government of Indonesia (GoI).
GGGI is an international organization founded in June 2010. GGGI is dedicated to pioneering and diffusing a new model of economic growth, known as “green growth”. This simultaneously targets key aspects of economic performance, such as poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion and those of environmental sustainability, such as mitigation of climate change and security of access to clean water. GGGI’s approach is particularly suited to developing countries because it starts from broad-based progress in living standards and growth. Since 2013, GGGI has worked in close collaboration with the Government of Indonesia in the GoI-GGGI Green Growth Program (GGP).
The Jakarta office is offering a consultancy position within a varied and dynamic team, who will play an integral role in supporting both GGGI’s national and sub-national work with the GoI. The post holder will support numerous activities under a variety of outputs across the GoI-GGGI Green Growth Program specifically related to Energy, primarily renewable energy, and to a lesser extent energy efficiency. The role will involve extensive travel to Central and East Kalimantan.
Reporting to the dedicated managers responsible for energy related outputs, and in collaboration with GGGI’s Knowledge Solution Division in Seoul, the Renewable Energy Specialist will play a central role within the GGGI Indonesia team by providing technical assistance and engagement with Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, and related agencies at provincial and district level, especially in mainstreaming green growth into the long term provincial energy plans (RUED) and the design of energy related project preparation documents/ pre-feasibility studies in Kalimantan. The consultant requires both project and broader policy expertise with strong national and local experience in the energy field. Further details are defined below.
- Support the subnational team and government in a renewable energy scoping activities input to the long term provincial and district energy plans
- Provide analytical and technical input to the development of a pre-FS or FS documents, for the implementation of renewable energy in Kalimantan, including: strategic rationale of the project; economic and financial analysis; technical assessments; evaluation of fiduciary, social, environmental and safeguard aspects of the energy project
- Provide in-depth technology knowledge for multiple renewable energy solutions, clearly understanding the value chain of a variety of renewable energy technologies in Indonesia
- Organize workshops with key national and sub-national stakeholders to support the finalization of the project / pre–feasibility study document
- Support the development of project proposals for renewable energy projects and take the lead on all related aspects of the proposal, according to an agreed timetable and document format
- Any other relevant task related to energy deliverables
As a member of a small but diverse program team, the renewable energy specialist will have multiple responsibilities and will need to be flexible and responsive to sometimes rapidly changing needs and tight deadlines.
- Master degree in Energy, Environment, Economics, Development or related fields
- At least five years of experience in conducting in-depth analysis of all aspects in renewable projects (project development: evaluating and writing investment appraisals, proposals)
- Experience in working with private sector, donor agencies and/or Indonesian government officials to identify and facilitate investment opportunities, especially in renewable energy
- Knowledge of business and market study methods, principles and practices as they relate to energy project development
- Strong technological expertise in renewable energy
- Knowledge of energy efficiency would be valuable
- Exceptionally organized with excellent prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with multi-cultural teams
- Strong experience Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience of working in an international organization is a benefit although not essential
- Excellent oral and written skills in English, and fluency in Indonesian is essential
The successful candidate will have prior experience supporting a multi-cultural team, work well under pressure and have a flexible approach to working. This is a great opportunity to be a key part of GGGI’s global team during this formative phase and beyond.
To submit your application please send your CV with a brief cover letter in English explaining why you are interested and why you are the most suited person for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 Dec 2015.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.