TERMS OF REFERENCE
Road Transportation Program in Indonesia
The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is planning to prepare new project in Transportation Sector covering the construction of the new roads and upgrading the existing roads in the Southern East Java corridor (Trans South-South Eastern Java) hereafter referred to as the Project.
The main objective of the proposed project is to relieve congestion in the existing main roads in northern East Java corridor and to support the economic development in the southern part of East Java region. The project will be implemented by the Directorate General of Highway Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MOPWH).
In this context, an IDB missions will visit Indonesia and hold several working sessions with the officials of the relevant Ministries and Departments in relation to preparing the concept and the appraisal for this project. The Bank is now seeking the services of an individual Consultant who will assist in the preparation (Concept and Appraisal) and formulation of the project.
The proposed project is aligned with Government of Indonesia (GOI) medium-term development plan to support land transportation development strategy which includes construction of 2,650 km new roads throughout the country, increase the existing road capacity to 1,807 km, construction 1,000 km of new toll road and preserving the current roads.
The proposed project will improve important national and strategic road corridors in southern Java to encourage economic growth in less-developed regions in Java Island. The rehabilitation, capacity expansion and new construction of roads will improve connectivity and access to services and product in the area.
The overall objectives of the assignment is to contribute to the preparation and appraisal for the proposed project.
Scope & DeliverablesIn the framework of the present consultancy services, the Consultant is expected to:
- Review the existing conditions at project site. The review will includes the description of the existing land uses in the vicinity of the project, site location plan that shows the proposed project site in relation to the surrounding area other transport infrastructure, existing road layout, proposed road layout, description and functional classification of the road network, current and projected Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT) update traffic / vehicle characteristics, establish the current personal injury accident records for the most recent three-year period.
- Review transport sector. The review will includes the description of the transport sector of the country including assessment of regional and national transport strategy and policy framework with a particular focus on the Island of Java.
- Obtain and review project scope, including description of the proposed project including all related components, assessment of the design alternatives (if any), evaluation and analysis of the available technical documentation, assessment of the technical details for the bridges or any other structure, assessment of the environmental, economic and social impacts. Any mitigation measures and social safeguards.
- Obtain, review and update economic analysis of the project. Update the economic viability of the project to include but not limited to EIRR/CBA calculations of the project with clear definition of the variables for assessment, identified and justified. Also social impact of the project not captured by the economic analysis.
- Obtain, review and update the project costing: unit costs based on the individual construction elements such as cost of pavement, road shoulders, bridge construction, drainage facility, signalization, lightings, etc. Taking into consideration inflationary and market adjustments.
- Obtain and review road maintenance management guidelines including description of the type of road management regime, road funds, data collection on the current road maintenance management including decision support systems, sustainability of road management, etc.
- Obtain and review of Road Safety assessment plans and guidelines. The potential for project-related or other transport accidents on the road project, assessment of the vulnerable road users, safety audits and policy framework, and mitigation measures
- Obtain and review Environmental impact assessments including the identification of mitigation measures, cost implications and land acquisition.
- In close consultation with the executing agency of the project and IDB project team, the consultant will prepare all necessary documentation regarding the project preparation, appraisal and recommendations. This includes the preparation of project proposals, implementation arrangements, timelines, and milestones of the project.
The Consultant will be responsible for fulfilling the following tasks:
- The Consultant will submit an updated version of the Project Concept Document (PCD) in English to the Bank 5 days after the preparation mission. The consultant shall submit the revised report to the Bank within a week after receiving its feedback.
- The Consultant will prepare the Project Appraisal Document (PAD) and Recommendation Report to the President (RRP) in English to the Bank 10 days after the Appraisal Mission. A draft report covering the all necessary component pertaining to project, including project scope, components, implementation arrangements, economic and financial analysis, timeline as well as the part relating to procurement procedures shall be submitted to the Bank a week after the Mission.
- A final consolidated report on the outcome of the preparation/appraisal mission in three copies.
Qualifications & Experience of the Consultant
Master’s Degree in Civil Engineer/Transport Engineer and relevant fields, with at 6 years of substantive experience in the road and highway construction.
Award of Contract
The consultant who has made the highest score in the combined evaluation will be awarded the contract. For the purpose of evaluation of financial offers, the cost of air ticket fare will not be included in the evaluation.
CVs and proposals will be submitted to Br. Adhi Dipo, IDB Gateway Office in Jakarta, Indonesia
Deadline of this submission is on Monday, 14 December 2015. Please send your latest CV and proposal and any clarification to Adhi Dipo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.