Program Summary - Mobile Solutions for Smallholder Farmers Assessment
Mercy Corps Indonesia has been engaged in conversations with an agribusiness company and multi-stakeholder partnerships to enhance agriculture development in Southeast Asia to develop a mobile-based approach for farmers. This requires developing a better understanding of farmer needs and how they can be met through mobile technology, as well as an overview of what solutions exist or need to be created. The overall objective is to use mobile technology to enhance the livelihoods of smallholder farmers by helping them to become more sustainable and efficient, increase their access to markets, reduce transaction costs, enhance the traceability of raw materials, drive loyalty and secure supply for companies.
Given these factors, Mercy Corps Indonesia has designed a project with the objective of developing a proof of concept for an open source mobile platform in Southeast Asia with applications that can meet the needs of smallholder farmers for specific crops in specific geographies. The aim is to start with soybean farmers in East Java, Indonesia with potential for scale-up across geographies and crops.
Program Manager – Mobile Solutions for Smallholder Farmers Assessment
The Program Manager will be responsible for overall coordination and implementation of the assessment that focuses on the assessment instruments development and test, data collection through in-depth interviews and FGDs, data analysis, report writing and present the findings and recommendations. S/he will supervise a project team consisting of 2 staffs as well as local assessment coordinator and local enumerators and collaborate closely with soybean value chain actors, farmer organizations (including female farmer group) and local government agencies in the assessment locations in East Java Province.
- University degree, preferable in social sciences, economics, rural development;
- 3+ years’ experience working in the demand assessment (experience in agriculture and mobile solutions would be an advantage);
- 3+ years’ experience working as program manager with strong project management skills, including financial/budget, operational and HR management skills;
- Experience working with the private sector (with agribusiness companies would be an advantage) and with government agencies (especially at District level);
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative measurement tools;
- Computers skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
This position will be as temporary staff for 3 months.
Finance and Admin Assistant - PRISMA
The PRISMA finance and admin assistant will closely with PRISMA team in administering the administrative paper works and their operational requirements for logistic, travel, and financial report supporting documents that comply with standard procedures of the organization. She/he will also maintain regular archiving of supporting program documents as directed by PRISMA Program Manager. [Describe overview of job mission]
- At least 2 years of hospitality/administration/secretarial experience is required;
- The candidate must have strong communication skills;
- He/she should have pleasant personality with great hospitality nature, well organized, efficient, proactive, flexible and able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines when required;
- Proficiency in email communication, Microsoft Word, Excel is important.
This position will be as temporary staff for 6 months.
Please send your CV with position applied on the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy will be closed 12 December 2015 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Indonesia
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.