Title: PROGRAMME MANAGER
The ASEAN Foundation (AF) was established in December 1997 by the ASEAN Foreign Ministers in fulfillment of the decision of the ASEAN Leaders. The ASEAN Foundation is a non-profit ASEAN organ that is committed to promote ASEAN awareness through people-to-people interaction and collaboration with ASEAN stakeholders to help ASEAN build a caring, cohesive, equitable and peaceful ASEAN Community.
We work in four programmatic areas of education, arts and culture, media and agriculture. We provide support in the form of scholarships, fellowships internships and exchanges. We organize meetings, conferences, roundtables and workshops in support of the ASEAN Community.
Since its founding 17 years ago, for education alone, ASEAN Foundation administered more than US$1 million of grants. The following sections highlight some of the accomplishments in this area.
- From 1998 till 2005, ASEAN Foundation supported workshops and seminars to identify core courses for an ASEAN Studies Programme, such as Southeast Asian History, Society, and Culture, ASEAN Economies, Regionalisation and Regionalism, and Legal, Institutional, and Governance Frameworks among others. In 1999, University of Malaya, Malaysia spearheaded one-semester ASEAN Studies courses. Over several years, the course was fully developed and institutionalised as an International Masters in ASEAN Studies Course at the University’s Asia-Europe Institute. Other ASEAN universities are incorporating the ASEAN Studies Programme in their postgraduate courses.
- Under the Scholarship Programme, ASEAN Foundation has produced 98 scholarship recipients hailing from 9 ASEAN countries. University partners include institutions among the top 100 in Asia. Each of the scholars has a unique story. Mario Wibowo from Indonesia was immediately offered an opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in Australia, following his Master’s degree programme at Chulabhorn Graduate Institute, Thailand. Ingrid Ramirez Magnata from the Philippines was a medical doctor and senior government official. She found her true passion in community development while studying a Master’s degree programme at Asian Institute of Management, the Philippines, and made a life-changing decision to switch her career. Not only was Nang Shining from Myanmar able to find a job related to her degree, her dissertation was circulated as a tool for advocacy and as a research work sample for Burmese students and those who interested in policy analysis. Shining was a graduate of Master of Arts in International Development Programme at Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
- Successfully completion of the ASEAN Foundation First ASEAN Model ASEAN Meeting at Sunway University, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia that coincided with the 27th ASEAN Summit where over 70 students and their advisors gathered to participate in this event. They role-played ASEAN senior officials, Ministers and Leaders at this event to better understand ASEAN mechanism, process and procedures.
In 2016, the ASEAN Foundation will have new opportuntiy to work with several partners to manage a fellowship programme as well as a capacity building programme in addition to the current programmes under the education theme of the Foundation.
The Programme Manager will play a lead role coordinating the delivery of the programme and support initiatives/programmes under the education theme of the ASEAN Foundation. S/he is required to provide strategic advice, direction and direct technical input to the Executive Director of the programme. The Programme Manager is expected to establish and maintain partnerships with stakeholders (ASEAN Member States, ASEAN Secretariat, donors, etc) and is expected to represent ASEAN Foundation in meetings, ceremonies, seminars and other events as assigned.
Planning and Coordination
- Design, lead programme inputs and coordination mechanisms in full consultation with the Executive Director, programme staff and all partners in the programme (e.g. ASEAN sectoral bodies, ASEC, donors, Permanent Missions to ASEAN)
- Advise on the implementation of the programme and make recommendations on both substantive and financial issues, including consolidation of wok plans, budget revisions and their presentation for approval
- Take initiative in, facilitate and support programe members in the preparation of annual work plans, budgets and results frameworks for the implemented programme
- Ensure the proper implementation of the programme strategies and plans and coordinate with relevant programme staff to achieve the overall programme and organisational goals
- Oversee effective programme implementation towards the achievement of agreed objectives and ensure delivery of resources and results according to the planned targets
- Make key decisions in relation to the programme implementation, and offer solutions to problems that arise during the implementation of programme
- Ensure that strategic decisions regarding programme are implemented
- Ensure programmes are implemented and evaluated in a consultative and participative manner through high quality reporting
- Prepare work plans, produce timely reports – financial and progress reports – as required by the organisation and donor reporting systems
- Work closely with the Finance Department to ensure effective financial and budgetary control of the program, according to ASEAN Foundation's policy and procedures
- In collaboration with the Head of Finance and Administration, lead the development of the budgetary and programming aspects of the annual work plan
Capacity Building and Knowledge Management
- Monitor and review regularly the achievements of capacity development initiatives and ensure follow-up support
- Support the programme and communication staff and implementing partners in identifying good practices and lessons learned and documenting this knowledge
- Contribute to the production of reports and publications
- Forge links with other initiatives/programmes of the ASEAN Foundation’s thematic areas to identify good practices and share lessons.
Communication and advocacy
- Support development and implementation of a communication strategy for the program and represent AF (including establishment of partnerships with media)
- Prepare brochures, publications, press releases regarding the program implementation
- Keep current on programme lessons learned and best practices
- Build up the Alumni Network and find ways of enhancing this programme
- Prepare together with the Executive Director and relevant staff for mobilization of human, technical or financial resources from international development organizations, non-government organizations and the private sector, if relevant
- In consultation with the Executive Director and Head of Finance and Administration, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
- Supervise Program Officer as listed under supervisory responsibilities within the programming department ensuring the use of performance & development plans, annual performance appraisals, regular coaching sessions, timesheets
- Ensure that all program staff receives an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs.
- Mitigate risks by ensuring staff are trained in financial/administrative processes.
Perform other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education and Experience
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in development studies, international relations, education or any other related field
- 10+ years of experience in programme design/development and implementation (design, monitoring, evaluation & reporting), including at least 7 years of experience at the regional or international level
- Experience working collaboratively across the nonprofit, private, and public sectors
- Experience in the education sector (teaching/lecturing, curriculum development, alumnae engagement)
- Postgraduate Degree in a relevant field
- Budgeting and financial management experience
Qualifications and Technical Skill
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Advanced user level computer skills and strong knowledge of various software including Excel, Power point and Word
- Demonstrated capacity in establishing and maintaining strong working and representational relationships with donors, government officials, international NGOs, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and track record in resource mobilization and donor relations.
- Knowledge ASEAN mechanisms and processes and
- Experience in supervising multi-cultural teams, with a particular focus on capacity building.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills, notably proposal writing skills
- Effective time management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to support others in work planning, monitoring and review;
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems for better coordination and delivery of work;
- Strong verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills, including the ability to speak publicly and work effectively as a member of a team;
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to chart one’s own direction collaboratively
- Demonstrated financial analysis skills, including the ability to analyze audited financials, balance sheets, and business plans of nonprofit organizations; facility with complex financial instruments desirable;
Submission of application is Friday, 8 January 2016
Application (CV and salary history and expectation) is to be submitted electronically to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.