CBM’s Indonesia Country Office in Jakarta is now accepting applications for an Accounting Officer
Status of Employment: Permanent Staff
Starting Date: ASAP
CBM is an international development organisation whose primary purpose is to improve the quality of life of the world’s poorest persons with disabilities and those at risk of disability. CBM works with partner organisations in low income countries to develop and ensure that persons with disabilities and their families have ready access to affordable and comprehensive health care and rehabilitation programmes, quality education programmes and livelihood opportunities. Working with persons with disabilities, CBM advocates for their inclusion in all aspects of society, and for the inclusion of disability in international cooperation.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Accounting Officer is the accountant of the Country Office. The job holder is responsible for administering the CO’s accounting system and ensuring consistent application of accounting principles and standards, observing internal controls designed by management, compliance with regulatory requirements and Indonesian tax policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities Accounting Administration of the Country Office
- Review and enter all transactions to the accounting system, i.e. Quickbooks
- Maintain Quickbooks and ensures reliability and integrity of financial management information systems and reports
- Maintain CO accounting books and do the necessary back up on a regular basis both in the server and portable disks according to CBM’s record retention policy.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries if needed
- Prepare bank reconciliation on a monthly basis, ensuring timely recording and/ or resolution of reconciling items
- Generate timely financial reports
- Check liquidation of the staff’s financial responsibilities
- Do the petty cash count on a unannounced basis
- Serve as Admin contact person in terms of asset records and also in charge of doing the regular asset validation in collaboration with Admin Staff
- Act as focal person for the CO’s audits
- Coordinate with external auditors during audits
- Serve as a resource for the CO’s audits (external & internal) and prepare all relevant information, report and schedule
- Attend to telephone calls and emails from RO, bank, staff, consultants, partners and vendors/suppliers regarding status of payments, transactions and supporting information
- Report any internal control deficiencies, including fraud or even the appearance of conflicts of interests to supervisors, if any, for timely resolution
Support to Programme Management
- Provide capacity building to partners, as needed
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Assist the set-up of accounting systems when required
- Provides support to RO Finance Officer or other CBM unit as required
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Perform other related duties as required
Educational Qualification and Work Experience:
- University degree with a major in Accounting
- At least three years of relevant work experience, with proven auditing and tax experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and operate accounting systems including financial reports
- High degree of proficiency in Quickbooks and MS Word, and advanced skills in MS Excel
Other Competencies and Skills Requirements:
- Fostering teamwork
- Result orientation
- High degree of accountability and integrity
- High degree of independence from close supervision
- Good interpersonal skills including resourcefulness, assertiveness, sensitivity, tolerance and tact, particularly in dealing with clients and contacts
- Pro-activeness and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Fluent English and Indonesian language skills (both written and spoken)
- Willingness to travel and work long hours when necessary
- Commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy
CBM encourages people with disabilities to apply for this position
Candidates are invited to submit their CV, cover letter outlining how they fit the position requirements and salary expectations in a pdf file to Indonesia.Recruitment@cbm.org. Applications not fulfilling these requirements will not be considered. Deadline for applications is 05 February 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Interviews will be held between 18-19 February 2016.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.