The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is owned by the German government and with operations around the globe, GIZ provides services in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ also works on behalf of other public and private sector clients both in Germany and overseas. These include the governments of other countries, the European Commission, the United Nations and other donor organizations. GIZ operates in more than 130 countries and employs approximately 17,000 staff worldwide.
The Better Rice Initiative Asia (BRIA) is one of initiatives with aims to improve the livelihoods of rural rice farmers through the promotion of sustainable rice production and improving rice value chains in selected ASEAN countries, i.e. Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. BRIA-Indonesia will establish numbers of Sustainable Rice Production and Information Center (SRPIC) at village level as learning center for the rice farmers to increase their knowledge on Good Agriculture Practice (GAP), Integrated Pest Management (IPM) as well as farm business and climate change adaptation approaches. BRIA-Indonesia will establish the SRPICs in 2 Provinces i.e. North Sumatera and East Java. In order to ensure that the project will run properly, BRIA-Indonesia is seeking 2 (two) qualified candidates for the following position:
BRIA Junior Advisor: Rice Farming Facilitator
1 Person in East Java (Kabupaten Jember)
1 Person in North Sumatera (Kabupaten Deli Serdang)
- Carrying out and coordinating project field activities according to work plan and project log frame and establishes good relationship with the counterparts in district;
- In consultation with the manager or expert, prepares and carries out qualitative research projects (developing survey instruments, field trial, training field staff);
- Set up demonstration plot as part of SRPIC;
- Taking part in identify and train selected rice farmers on rice cultivation, from land preparation till post- harvest including rice farming business;
- Support program in developing and adaptation of implementation rice farmer training for Good Agriculture Practices, Farmer Group Empowerment, Market Sustainability, and stakeholders linkages at district level.
The Job Holder performs the following tasks, but is not limited to:
Coordination and monitoring
- Put together an overview of project field activities, deadlines etc. and presents this regularly at team meetings
- Establishes good relationship with the counterparts in the district e.g. rice millers, farmer groups, local government, etc.
- Communicates and promotes the project’s interests and exchanges ideas and information for the benefit of the project
- Provides regular project field monitoring and update information of SRPIC activities, demo farm activities, farmer groups activities and other status of results
- Assist with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities with a focus on technical aspects
- In consultation with the manager or expert, prepares and carries out qualitative research projects (developing survey instruments, field trials, training field staff, organisational preparation in the field, collecting and analysing data)
Implementation of project activities
- Undertaking on collecting of village data, farmer baseline data, and demo plot data according to program requisition
- Managing SRPIC field activities along with SRPIC Coordinators
- Overseeing and supervise of SRPIC Coordinators in terms of project implementation in the field
- Assisting the project in capacity development activities with counterparts
- Assists in drawing up reports and translations
- Establishes a project database
- Identifies and mitigates problems and challenges that arise in project implementation
- Assist in develops regular field activities plan and reports
- Assists in communicating, updating and collecting information
- Organises and updates project field documentation, the filing systems and the project library
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in agriculture or other related field studies;
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in comparable experiences;
- Having experience in working together with rice farmers and good knowledge on rice farming practices;
- Good working relations with various actors in rice sector e.g. local government, rice farmers, rice millers;
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment working in a team;
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, CMS and publishing software);
- Language proficiency in English both oral and written, ideally knowledge of German;
- Able to ride motorcycle.
Duty Station: Jember and Deli Serdang
Expected Joining Date: February 2016
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 17 January 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line:
BRIA Junior Advisor: RFF Jember or
BRIA Junior Advisor: RFF Deli Serdang
Choose and put one of the codes in the subject line according to your duty station.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.