We are trying to find the best possible candidates to make team stronger.
WEST SUMATRA & EAST JAVA
(Please put the location for the positions that you apply below)
Provincial Team Leader – TATTs
Under line management of the TATTs Chief of Party and guidance of the TATTs National Training Coordinator, the TATTs Provincial Team Leader will be responsible for developing a joint capacity development strategy with the provincial BPBD and other government and non-government stakeholders; ensuring the provision of substantive capacity building and training assistance (including the development of a local pool of DRM facilitators); document lessons learned and best practices of trainings and institutional capacity building activities; and oversee knowledge management during program implementation. The position manages provincial activities designed to increase BPBD organizational and technical capacity through planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of tailored support activities, as well as contributing to mainstreaming best practices at the national level. The position must promote long-term sustainability and consider replicability of disaster management trainings by working in close collaboration with the TATTs National Training Coordinator.
The Provincial Team Leader will be responsible for building robust relationships with BPBD and other provincial and district/city disaster management stakeholders; and will report on a weekly and monthly basis to the TATTs Jakarta Management Team.
- A University degree in relevant field of Development Studies/International Development, Disaster Management/Environmental Management and Policy, Education, or relevant field;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in disaster risk management, disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation or associated technical experience;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in effectively managing staff and coordinating with government departments (including BPBD) in the field of disaster management and understanding of provincial and district/city governance structures in Indonesia;
- Experience in collaboratively working with development agencies, universities, donors and government departments, such as BPBDs and Disaster Risk Reduction Forums, is a strong advantage;
- Proficiency in Indonesian, both spoken and written communication, is essential. Addition of proficient English skills is a strong advantage;
- Strong familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
Senior Program Officer – TATTs
The TATTs Senior Program Officer is part of a specialist three-member team embedded within the provincial BPBD office. Under the supervision of the TATTs Provincial Team Leader, the role of the TATTs Senior Program Officer is to support day-to-day substantive capacity building and training assistance for BPBD staff and other local government and non-government stakeholders. As a senior member of the specialist team, the TATTs Senior Program Officer will have extensive DRM technical experience and be able to work collaboratively with the TATTs team to assist in the development of joint capacity building strategies and work plans with the host BPBD. The TATTs Senior Program Officer will support the Provincial Team Leader is building robust, professional relationships with the BPBD staff and will be able to analyze capacity requirements and tailor training and organizational development activities to help fulfill these requirements.
The TATTs Senior Program Officer will support the team in the documentation of of lessons learned and best practices in training and local capacity development approaches. These will be shared with the broader TATTs program through regular Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning reporting processes. The Senior Program Officer will also support the Training Officer in the strategy, planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of TATTs capacity building activities, with a focus on impact and sustainability of outcomes. The TATTs Senior Program Manager will be experienced in working with provincial and/or district governments, have a strong understanding of DRM, DRR and CCA theory, and be able to work in a small team in a challenging work environment.
- A bachelor degree in relevant field of Business Management and Administration / Disaster or Environment Management and Policy, Education, or relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of community development work and capacity building with a specific focus of DRM, DRR, CCA or another related field;
- Experience in collaboratively working with development agencies, universities, donors and government departments, including provincial and/or district/city BPBDs and DRR Forums;
- Proficiency languages (both Spoken and Written): Bahasa Indonesia is required and English is highly desirable;
- Strong familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
Training Officer – TATTs
Under the supervision of the TATTs Provincial Team Leader and technical guidance of TATTs National Training Coordinator, the TATTs Training Officer is responsible for managing the delivery of technical and organizational training to target BPBD staff, and other local government staff and non-government stakeholders. The training and capacity development programs in each province will relate specifically to prioritized DRM capacity and training needs. The TATTs program will promote a Training of Trainers (ToT) approach in order to create a pool of qualified and professional trainers at the provincial level.
The TATTs Training Officer is a crucial member of the TATTs technical assistance teams embedded within the provincial BPBD offices and will be responsible for the organization of training including identification of expert external specialists in collaboration with the TATTs National Training Coordinator; identification of training participants and development and implementation of pre- and post-tests for each activity to assist in the monitoring and evaluation of capacity development; design and implementation of training strategies and schedules in collaboration with the TATTs provincial team and under the guidance of the TATTs National Training Coordinator; and working with the TATTs team on follow-up activities to ensure that training is being utilized and tested through drills, simulations and monitoring and evaluation of changing practices within the BPBD, among other training participants and with the identified DRM facilitators.
The Training Officers will work closely with the TATTs Jakarta Management Team, in particular the National Training Coordinator, to ensure that training aligns with national BNPB curriculum and modules. The Training Officers will also coordinate where necessary with TATTs Consortium partners to ensure linkages for coordinated outcomes. A key function of the training at provincial level will be to test, monitor and feedback on national curriculum as part of BNPB’s knowledge management process.
- A University degree in relevant field of Development Studies/ Environmental Management and Policy, Education, or relevant field. Relevant training on ToT methodology is an advantage;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing and managing training/capacity building programs in the field of disaster management with demonstrated technical expertise in subject matter as required;
- Experience in collaboratively working with development agencies, universities, donors and government departments, such as BNPB and BPBDs, will be a strong advantage;
- Fluency in verbal and written Bahasa Indonesia is required, while proficiency in English is an advantage.
- Strong familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are mandatory.
Please send your CV with position applied on the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy will be closed 7 Feb 2016 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Indonesia
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.