Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact is active in 27 countries and has some 800 employees.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a:
Job Title: Senior Program Manager - Sumatra
Job Code: SPM-S
Place of duty: Medan, North Sumatra
Number of position: 1 person
Contract Duration: Annual basis, which can be extended upon agreement
Type of Staff: Indonesian National
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of all program operations at the regional level in Sumatra. He/she is responsible for the supervision of a big Swisscontact team across Sumatra, serving a target of more than 40,000 cocoa farming families.
- Daily operations and implementation of the Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) program in Sumatra;
- Planning and budgeting in cooperation with supervisor for all activities on Sumatra;
- Supervising, mentoring and evaluating the performance of all employees with the cooperation of the Human Resource Department;
- Ensuring timely and effective delivery of activities and outputs;
- Strengthening technical cooperation with all partners and stakeholders;
- Monitoring and insuring the factuality of data collected from all program participants throughout the year and compiling summaries as needed for project-wide reporting;
- Evaluating and reporting on the impact of project activities;
- Ensuring clear and professional communication with the program team in Sumatra and supervisors and colleagues in Jakarta and other regions in Indonesia;
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the work of all program staff across Sumatra and directing daily operations of Regional Program Managers and Program Officers based in the Medan Swisscontact office (including supervising, advising, mentoring and evaluating job performance);
- Leading the implementation of cocoa farmer training, leading to program outcomes in the following dimensions:
- Economic Dimension: The cocoa sector adopts measures to enhance transparency, farm profitability and cocoa quality;
- Environment Dimension: The cocoa sector adopts climate-smart agriculture and environmentally friendly measures;
- Social Dimension: The cocoa sector supports local communities to enhance their living standards.
- Continuously compiling and insuring the quality of data requested from supervisor;
- Meeting reporting deadlines given by supervisor, requiring input from the program staff in Sumatra;
- Developing detailed budgets and work plans for activities of the entire Sumatra program staff;
- Supervising Administration and Finance Officers in Sumatra in cooperation with related line managers in Jakarta;
- Supporting other program activities as defined by supervisor.
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting:
- Providing daily, professional communication with other Core Leadership Team members and Private Sector Partner Project Managers.
- Conducting regular monitoring of all program areas in Sumatra in coordination with private sector partners and district/ provincial/ regional government representatives;
- Conducting regular discussions with program beneficiaries, stakeholders and private sector partners;
- Preparing documents in English and Bahasa Indonesia for program development and evaluation;
- Reporting in writing to the Head of Program Implementation on monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis as required by program donors.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in project implementation, with at least five years in a management position supervising employees and independently designing and implementing work plans;
- Documented experience designing and implementing detailed operational budgets;
- Previous employment with a relevant international or national NGO;
- Experience with project management in the field of agriculture development;
- Experience writing narrative, logframe matrix, and financial reports;
- Ability to act professionally in work and person life, in so-much as it affects employees, stakeholders or beneficiaries;
- Well-developed sense of personal responsibility and integrity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to working in a team;
- Excellent pro-active communication skills with both subordinates, supervisors and fellow core leadership team members;
- Ability to self-reflect, accept feedback, and modify work performance;
- Ability to objectively mentor, supervise and evaluate employees, and deliver feedback in a way that will allow for staff growth and development;
- Ability to deal constructively with conflict and manage stressful and tense situations;
- Work independently and assist with multiple projects, priorities, and locations;
- Work under pressure with interruptions and challenging deadlines;
- Willingness to work with many different stakeholders and teams;
- Ability to be courteous and helpful;
- Show aptitude and desire to learn new skills on the job;
- Demonstrate creativity and good design skills for different publications;
- Be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing;
- Work as a team member and to promote a positive work environment;
- Physical ability to perform essential job functions.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 12 February 2016, with a JOB CODE on Top Left of the Envelope at the latest to:
Swisscontact, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tel. +62 21 2951 0200
Or E-mail your application with the JOB CODE in the SUBJECT: email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.