USAID’s LESTARI project supports the Government of Indonesia to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and conserve biodiversity in forest and mangrove ecosystems. LESTARI activities are cross-cutting and implemented by a consortium of partners under the leadership of Tetra Tech. Sustainable Travel International (STI) is the US-based NGO that has been selected to lead the sustainable and ecotourism component of the work in Aceh and Kalimantan.
Sustainable tourism, if developed and managed effectively, has enormous potential to improve livelihoods while also conserving unique natural and cultural heritage, thereby contributing to LESTARI goals of reduced greenhouse gas emissions and biodiversity conservation. STI is working with LESTARI partners and stakeholders to develop and enhance sustainable tourism in the Aceh Selatan and Aceh Tenggara Landscapes in Aceh, and Katingan Landscape in Central Kalimantan, as a means of celebrating and preserving the tremendous cultural and natural assets of these Landscapes.
The overall objective of STI’s ecotourism development activities is incentivize biodiversity conservation, foster climate-smart green growth, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions while improving local residents’ and stakeholders’ livelihoods linked to new and existing ecotourism opportunities.
Time Frame of the Position: February 1, 2016 to August 31, 2016 with possibility of renewal
Status of the Position: Part-time
The purpose of the position is to act as the local representative and project coordinator for ecotourism development in Aceh Selatan and Aceh Tenggara Landscapes in Aceh. The Ecotourism Specialist will work to raise awareness of the project in Aceh, inform key stakeholders in the private, public and civil sectors about how they can participate, help organize all local meetings, workshops, surveys, and support implementation.
Role of the Ecotourism Specialist:
- Conduct stakeholder mapping in Aceh Selatan and Aceh Tenggara. Key stakeholders may include but may not be limited to, leaders from the Tourism Authority or Ministry of Tourism, other government agencies such as culture, environment and planning, key tourism associations, tourism enterprises, community leaders and elders, NGOs, academia, and private sectors partners operating in and around the Landscapes, for example in the timber concessions adjacent to Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park in Central Kalimantan.
- Assist with document mapping in Aceh Selatan and Aceh Tenggara. Key documents may include policy, planning, zoning, tourism services information and other tourism data.
- Raise awareness of key stakeholders in the project by holding regular meetings and using public communication tools to keep stakeholders informed of project progress.
- Organize workshop dates and locations, ensure invitations are sent to identified stakeholders and follow-up on and that all necessary logistics for the success of the meeting are taken care of.
- Organize focus group and individual meetings for international and national consultants with identified stakeholders including local business owners and community leaders and ensure the international and domestic team is well briefed on cultural and meeting protocol.
- Organize site visits for the team to ensure efficient and safe transportation based on the consultants’ plans.
- Support the planning and implementation of the visitor and resident survey.
- Support the collection and aggregation of data for the situation analysis, destination diagnostic, monitoring and evaluation components.
- Assist with the identification of stakeholders for marketing and investment purposes.
- Act as a generator of positive public awareness about the project in Aceh Selatan and Aceh Tenggara.
- Support in translating key documents and presentations and lead in disseminating them to key stakeholders as needed.
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Project Manager.
- Two years of demonstrated ecotourism development, program management, and monitoring experience
- Full written and spoken proficiency in Acehnese, Indonesian, and English
- Experience in community participation, surveys and engagement, knowledgeable of stakeholders in Aceh
- Experience in facilitating meetings, solving logistical problems, consensus-building, and making clear, transparent and timely decisions
- Resident in Aceh with drivers’ license
- Availability to meet for an interview on January 26 or 27 and participate in the introductory workshop in January 28 date
- Experience in tourism private sector or local government an advantage
Please submit a letter of interest, CV and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.