About our organization
The World Agroforestry Centre (also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry or ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
About the position
The AgFor Communications Administration Assistant will assist the Communications Coordinator of the project, Agroforestry and Forestry in Sulawesi: Linking Knowledge to Action (AgFor Sulawesi), which is managed by the World Agroforestry Centre and funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) Canada and the CGIAR Research Program on Forests, Trees and Agroforestry. The Assistant will support clear and effective communication between scientists, farmers, agricultural and forestry extension workers, district and provincial governments, DFATD and other stakeholders, partner organizations, non-governmental organizations, educational institutions, other projects and the media.
For a detailed Job Description please visit HERE
Bachelor in Communications, English (or other languages), Business Administration, Accounting, or other related discipline. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specified projects.
- Self-directed; well-organized; able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a multicultural environment.
- Able to generate creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
- Good command of written and spoken Indonesian and English (at least passive).
- Familiarity with one or more local languages of Sulawesi (desirable but not essential).
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This is a national position and will be for a period of 6 (six) months.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations
- Detail curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Southeast Asia Regional Office via email: email@example.com and should indicate “Application for AgFor Communications Admin Assistant” on their application letters and email submissions.
Applications will be considered until January 15, 2016 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.