Save the Children is an international NGO and the world’s top independent charity for children in need. Since 1919, we have been fighting for children’s rights, saving their lives and providing hope for brighter futures worldwide. Save the Children’s programs in Indonesia is implemented by Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik. We currently work in eleven provinces, have staff of approximately 300 local professionals, and programming in Child Protection, Education, Health and Nutrition, Disaster Risk Reduction, and Humanitarian Response.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
1 position, based in Jakarta
Code : AO-CO
Awards Officer will have responsibility in supporting Awards Manager in reaching the high performance of Awards Department. The post will support the Award Management team in the planning, securing and managing of both development and humanitarian awards. The position involves supporting award information management and compliance with systems and processes. She/He will be part of country office contact person for award management and information to member to propose agreed and suitable datelines, support COO and CEO for approving award stages in the Award Management System (AMS).
She/He will be responsible for managing the assigned sub Grantees from reviewing sub-grantees proposal, monitoring the expenditures, conduct spot audit to closing out the sub-grants. Together with Awards Manager as a team, she/he will be one of focal points for AMS and be a trainer for Award Management System. She/He will assist the Awards Manager in the task of internal/external audit when requested. This role requires frequent communication with Save the Children members and frequent travel to field offices.
This role will work closely with Fundraising, PDQ and Program Implementation on internal compliance processes, financial and narrative reporting requirements, monitoring and analysis awards’ spending and billing. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Reports to: Awards Manager
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Role Dimensions: Communication with internal departments (Program Development and Quality, Program Implementation, Fundraising and marketing, Advocacy and Campaigns, Human Resources and Finance)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Compliance (systems, processes, donor)
- Provide inputs and maintain up to date proposal tracker in line with identified opportunities.
- Assist Awards Manager in explaining donor regulations to relevant PI, PDQ, Advocacy and Campaigns, Fundraising and Marketing and Finance staff prior to and during project implementation.
- Collaborate with members and in country teams to ensure all the award processes are captured and approved in AMS.
- Coordinate work on development of concept notes and proposals, ensuring different teams are aware of donor compliance requirements and delivery timely and quality products.
- Responsible for maintaining and driving data quality through the AMS system.
- Use AMS reporting to monitor awards and plan for key processes i.e. donor reporting.
- Serve as a reference person for program managers/budget holders on all donor compliance issues including providing regular updates to project teams on donor requirements.
- Assist Awards Manager in providing a quarterly schedule for reporting to the EMT and other relevant staff including project managers/budget holders.
- Together with the Awards Manager in providing programs and finance staff with relevant reporting formats, previous reports, and any additional support.
Communicating with impact, negotiation and coordination
- Responsible for communication with budget holders and program staff to obtain inputs into key processes and up to date budget figures.
- Communicate with members on behalf of Awards Manager for any proposed datelines and compliance requirements.
- Support COO and CEO to approve awards stages in the AMS.
- Review Sub Grant budget proposal, and ensure budget finalization in close collaboration with project managers and partners.
- Support Project managers to monitor financial management of partner of sub-grantees from managing cash flow of the sub grantees to reviewing and monitoring the financial report of sub grantees.
- Together with Awards Manager to Conduct visit to sub-grantees to coordinate prepration of capacity building plans and build capacities in donor and Save the Children compliance requirements.
- Conduct spot audit to sub-grantees.
- Responsible for closing out of Sub-Grants.
AMS and Document Management
- Ensure that the Indonesia section of the AMS is updated with the most recently submitted proposals, agreements, project modifications, and other information.
- Maintain through AMS final versions of all proposals, project modifications, and reports.
- Assist Awards Manager in the task of audit internal and/or external.
- Contribute to Awards Department to reach high performance achievement.
- Participate on an occasional basis in Extended Management Team (EMT) meetings as needed.
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <AO-CO ><your name>
Closing date for application is up to 11 January 2016
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.