Save the Children is an international NGO and the world’s top independent charity for children in need. Since 1919, we have been fighting for children’s rights, saving their lives and providing hope for brighter futures worldwide. Save the Children’s programs in Indonesia is implemented by Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cilik. We currently work in eleven provinces, have staff of approximately 300 local professionals, and programming in Child Protection, Education, Health and Nutrition, Disaster Risk Reduction, and Humanitarian Response.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
1 position, based in Jakarta
Code : GW-CO
As a member of the Program Development and Quality team, Grant Writer is responsible for leading the strategic development of high quality, evidenced based, and innovative proposals in line with the Country Strategy Plan, Emergency Preparedness Plan, thematic strategies and Save the Children’s global Breakthroughs: Learn, Survive, Be Protected. The post will also be in charge of ensuring achievement global Key performance Indicator on quality of reporting. The post will participate in work of cross-functional groups as requested. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly. The post holder will be a member of Extended Management Team.
Reports to: Director of Program Development and Quality
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Coordination of project design and proposal development
- Ensure strong and effective collaboration with Awards team in tracking pipeline and awards, identifying strategic opportunities to strengthen the program portfolio and monitoring and coordinating program development efforts.
- In line with the Country Strategic Plan, Emergency Preparedness Plan and Thematic Program strategies, lead new proposal development in collaboration with Indonesia PDQ, PI (including humanitarian) and Advocacy teams. Under leadership of PDQ Director, coordinate the provision of technical assistance through PDQ team, member or external resources.
- Support development of cross-team coordination mechanisms to ensure effective collaboration across key programs (e.g. program operations and advocacy) and related departments (e.g. awards, local fundraising).
- Ensure strong and effective collaboration with the Awards team and technical advisors in providing leadership, coordination and direct input and support to the proposal development process.
- In collaboration with PI and PDQ Directors ensure inputs into personnel, management, institutional capability and other related sections of the proposal.
- Lead on the writing of the project design and related narrative in line with the defined ways of working and in collaboration with program operations and other departments.
- Edit and collate proposal pieces and final text for clarity, consistency, and responsiveness to donor requirements, ensuring one coherent voice. Ensure standards for concept notes and proposals are met and aligned with other key documents (budget, risk assessment etc.) prior to submission to members and/or donors.
- Balance the needs and requests of Save the Children members, donors and external partners to ensure quality results in project design and delivery.
Lead writer for program and technical content
- In close collaboration with the thematic advisors, lead and support the research, writing, editing, formatting and proofreading of technical materials for proposals, concept notes and reports.
- Ensure strong and effective collaboration with the fundraising and communications team in preparing materials such as program brochures and case studies that effectively summarize our thematic programs, highlight program successes and advocate for our program development needs.
- In close collaboration with the Awards team, review project reports and final text for clarity, consistency and responsiveness to donor requirements. Provide feedback and suggestion for improvement as appropriate, and in line with the members’ feedback.
Technical assistance and capacity building
- Under leadership of PDQ Director, coordinate the provision of technical support for programs when there are no available in-country technical advisors.
- In close collaboration with the Awards team, initiate and coordinate capacity building and training activities related to program development such as proposal development, report writing, project cycle management, donor compliance etc.
Other Support as agreed with line manager
- Recruit and supervise consultants, interns and volunteers who are able to support program development activities such as proposal development, writing up case studies and editing reports.
- The post-holder may be required to lend support to activities beyond the scope of this job description. This will be discussed and mutually agreed with the line manager.
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <GW-CO ><your name>
Closing date for application is up to 18 January 2016
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.