Information and Communications Technology for Development (ICT4D) Advisor - (LINKAGES, Indonesia)
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Information and Communications Technology for Development (ICT4D) Advisor, LINKAGES based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The USAID-funded project, Linkages Across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program is implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth International and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. LINKAGES will accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.
The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
- Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
- Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
- Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
- Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
- Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
- Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
The LINKAGES Information and Communications Technology for Development (ICT4D) Advisor provides technical oversight and assistance to the project in all areas related to ICT4D. This position will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the LINKAGES ICT4D strategy in Jakarta and Papua. The ICT4D Advisor will provide direct technical support to LINKAGES partners, including CSOs, AIDS Commissions (at the national, provincial, and district levels), and health care providers to enable them to improve their use of ICT. This will include developing individualized ICT4D strategies for each partner, as well as ICT4D-related trainings, one-on-one technical support, material development, and other related support. In addition, the ICT4D Advisor will also build the capacity of umbrella organizations to providing ongoing technical support to LINKAGES’ community-based partners in ICT4D. This position will contribute to the training of civil society and MOH partners in public and private settings to use state-of-the-art virtual tools to reach key populations more effectively and link them to discrimination and stigma-free service provision.
The position will also serve a key role in ensuring that LINKAGES is coordinating with other actors in the eHealth space in Indonesia so that the efforts of its partners are linked to broader developments. This includes coordinating with the Ministry of Health on the development of their national eHealth strategy, facilitating interoperability between partner systems, and coordinating between LINKAGES partners and the broader eHealth ecosystem. The ICT4D Advisor will stay up to date on the latest approaches and tools in the use of digital technologies for key population outreach and service provision, including reviewing effective methodologies and materials from around the globe to ensure high quality standards are followed.
The ICT4D Advisor will also be responsible for overseeing the implementation of a digital system that will enable LINKAGES to more effectively administer its technical assistance to partners. Partners should be able to easily submit requests, and LINKAGES staff should have a system in place that enables them to easily triage and respond to those requests. This system should also enable LINKAGES staff to track the progress of TA in near real-time and enable quick reporting and analysis.
The ICT4D Advisor will be responsible for developing scopes of work for consultants who can provide targeted technical assistance to partners, as well as overseeing the technical quality of those consultants. This position may also be responsible for overseeing the work of junior-level staff who will also contribute to the implementation of the LINKAGES ICT4D strategy.
The position will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Indonesian nationals and candidates currently based in the region are encouraged to apply.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical assistance to achieve LINKAGES programmatic goals, with a strong focus on the use of mobile, digital and web-based tools and approaches.
- Assists Government of Indonesia (GOI), civil society organizations and LINKAGES staff members and other partners in Indonesia in the training of key population community representatives, peer outreach, MOH and others in the use of digital tools, platforms and metrics/analytical techniques to extend the reach and effectiveness of in-person outreach and referral.
- Assists to identify barriers to the uptake of HIV service for key population groups and ways to address those barriers using mobile, digital and web-based tools working with civil society, private businesses and government.
- Works collaboratively MOH, DERAP, Global Fund Principal Recipients, civil society organizations and the entire LINKAGES team in Indonesia and ensures strong coordination among team partners on the implementation of technical activities.
- Contributes to the achievement of high quality results in accordance with the targets identified in the work plan and performance monitoring plan.
- Contributes to program quality according to FHI 360 standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Contributes to the production of timely and accurate technical reports to FHI 360 and USAID as required.
- Coordinates and meets with, as appropriate, USAID, the Ministry of Health, and local and international partners and other stakeholders in Indonesia.
- Contributes to work plan activities; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation including assisting in the provision of technical assistance to each grant partner for the provision of high quality services; ensure appropriate program monitoring and reporting.
- Contributes to the development of Scopes of Work (SOW), memorandums of understanding (MOUs), technical management of activities for consultants and local institutions partnering with LINKAGES to ensure that activity timeframes and budgets are met and products are reviewed and finalized.
- Reports regularly LINKAGES Country Representative/Indonesia on progress and status of LINKAGES activities in Indonesia.
- Proven skills in the development and application of eHealth and other digital tools and approaches for the implementation and measurement of HIV prevention, care, and treatment projects for FSW, PWID, MSM, and TG in Indonesia or other countries in the region.
- Proven skills in mentoring, leadership and networking.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding public health issues among key populations in Indonesia.
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and limited resources.
- Experience working with civil society organizations to plan and implement HIV ICT4D strategies.
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different organizations and cultures.
- Experience identifying, designing and brokering public-private partnerships, especially in the technology field.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally if needed.
- Masters in Computer Science, Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience working in ICT4D, with at least some experience specific to eHealth.
- Experience with ICT hardware, mobile phones and web-based technologies in Indonesia, particularly designing or deploying tools appropriate to both areas with high access to mobile networks and the internet, as well as in low-bandwidth or sub-standard infrastructure environments.
- Experience with open source, mobile and emerging technology, particularly as applied to public health is extremely desirable.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated excellence in a senior level technical advisor and leadership position, preferably in an international development context and working with key population groups.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations, workshops and trainings to multiple types of audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesian.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Please apply at Recruitfhi360@gmail.com latest by February 26, 2016.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.