Started in 2015, SREGIP goes back to an agreement between the Indonesian Ministry of National Development Planning (BAPPENAS) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, working on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
SREGIP works in two pilot provinces with different characteristics: in West Kalimantan the focus is on the developing sustainable agriculture, while in Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB) the program concentrates on the development of sustainable tourism. SREGIP is driven by and based on a participatory process, taking into account the specific potentials and bottlenecks for economic development as well as the demand and the commitment of local stakeholders.
GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Policy Advisor (Focus in Tourism sector)
- Managing area of responsibility, i.e. the development of sustainable tourism framework to foster an environmental sustainable development of tourism value chain in NTB;
- Assisting programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups, especially from the private sector;
- close collaboration with the advisors in NTB and West Kalimantan on the respective duties including cross-cutting topics, such as on investment climate, private sector cooperation, Technology & Innovation, gender in sustainable tourism;
- Initiating partnerships on sustainable tourism with the partner sector, in collaboration with the advisor for the cooperation with the private sector;
- Providing backstopping support to the principal advisor and team leader for sustainable tourism based on request.
The Job Holder performs the following tasks, but is not limited to:
- assists and monitors the development and implementation of SREGIP programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts for the field of sustainable tourism
- contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint programme activities and work at the regional level
- Develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives.
- advises partner institutions at the national, regional and local level as well as staff members of the SREGIP programme on approaches and activities related to sustainable tourism;
- deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events in particular on sustainable tourism. This includes:
- The elaboration of terms of reference;
- The identification of national and international experts;
- The provision of technical and organizational support to expert missions;
- The communication and coordination of activities with Indonesian partner organizations such as the Ministry of Tourism as well as other relevant stakeholders from the public and private sector;
- develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives.
- Identifies relevant stakeholders for sustainable tourism and ensures regular contact, dialogue and coordination with them;
- supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- actively develops the synergies with other GIZ programs whose activities are related to sustainable tourism;
- communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the programme;
- Communicates and liaises with other donor programs whose activities are related to sustainable tourism.
- ensures knowledge transfer on sustainable tourism from experts to partners at national, regional and local level;
- develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- draws up reports and presentations, and other documents;
- ensures the implementation of activities related to sustainable tourism including administrative management;
- Supports the team leader for sustainable tourism and investment with regard to reporting, monitoring and knowledge management.
- assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management;
- coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the regional coordinator as well as the team leader for sustainable tourism and investment, and in cooperation with the partners, both with regards to implementation and organisational aspects;
- compiles relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- handles order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting);
- Deputizes the team leader for sustainable tourism.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor/master degree in an area that is related to the programme objectives, with a focus on a Tourism and Hospitality Management;
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- Full working proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is a must as well as strong writing and editing skills in both languages. Proficiency in German will be an advantage;
- good communication and presentation skills
- good working relations with various actors in the tourism value chain from both public and private sectors;
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, CMS and publishing software);
- Confidential handling of data and information;
- Good interpersonal skills and commitment working in a team
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures is agreed with management.
Duty Station: SREGIP Office – Jakarta
Expect to Join: March 2016
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader for Sustainable Tourism & Investment
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 14 February 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: SREGIP – PA.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.