Hivos is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development.
Hivos provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hub Southeast Asia, Hivos seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title: Grants Finance Manager
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration: One year, with possibility of extension
Report to: Finance Controller
The Grant Finance Manager provides grant financial support to program team in the development and execution of projects. In this supportive role, the Grant Finance Manager applies Hivos’ financial and accounting procedures and sustainability requirements and collects and applies Hivos’ expertise on donor requirements in designing and realizing budgets and deployment.
The Grant Finance Manager provides grant financial support to the Finance Controller and program teams in the development and execution of programmmes. The Grant Finance Manager advises the Coordinator/Program Development Manager; Finance Controller and Finance Officer on developing budgets and financial accounts and other records for projects in accordance with donor requirements.
The Grant Finance Manager works with the Finance Controller, who is in charge of the overall controls. S/he also interacts with the Finance Officer, who supports programme and project teams in both the resource mobilisation process and the result delivery process and the financial project accounting. Contact with management is probable, as the main task concern compliance with donor requirements in terms of budget and deployment of proposals and contracts (implementation).
Roles and responsibilities
Budgeting and forecasting.
- To learn all related donor’s guidelines before budget preparation to ensure the capability of Hivos to comply with requirements.
- To develop budget to be embedded in project proposal, together with programme teams, using Hivos’ budget tools and to ensure that related parties are enabled to work according to guidelines.
- To review budget with local partners on a regular basis, to regularly monitor and document grant expenditures and grant funded activity to ensure effective grant management and advancement of programme implementation.
- To review and communicate grant expiration dates, altered timeframes, milestones and major changes in budgets and to prepare adjustment as necessary (including extension of project, budget amendments, plan change, programme evaluation etc).
- To monitor budget allocations, expenditures, fund balances and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate and recorded, expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- To attend donor meetings and trainings as needed.
- To participate in meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- To serve as an institutional resource on grant compliance, participate in the review of new funding opportunities and provide critical feedback on institutional eligibility and risk.
- To comply with donor and Hivos’ requirements.
To ensure that contracts issued by Hivos to local partners comply with donor and
- To establish policies and procedures to ensure compliance with donor and Hivos’ requirements.
- To ensure local partners’ project budget and timeframe according to budget and timeframe approved by donor.
- Capacity building, in coordination with the Finance Officer.
- To conduct internal compliance audit to local partners to ensure the compliance with donor and Hivos’ requirements.
- To ensure that Hivos internal teams and its partners understand the requirements of donor and Hivos.
- To strengthen financial management capacities of partner organisations to ensure accuracy, transparency and accountability, this including developing, maintaining and training staff in the proper application of time-keeping, data collection and management.
- To conduct field visits as necessary.
- Grant administration.
- To ensure accurately and timely preparation of grant billings.
- To create and maintain appropriate spreadsheets and documentation required by donors, and by Hivos such as due dates, timesheets, etc.
- To maintain a variety of manual and electronic fiscal information, files and records (i.e. accounts payable, accounts receivable, contracts, etc) for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Minimum 5 year experience with multi donors (EU, AUSAID, USAID, etc) budget development and monitoring
- Proven track record in handling multi donors financial administration
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge of accounting sufficient to prepare detailed financial and budgetary analysis or budgetary problems.
- Demonstrated analytical skills that allow for interpretation of budgetary, financial and
related management information
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Strong organizational skills to work independently and to prioritize a heavy work load and excellent interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with persons at all levels in the organization.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, especially with regards to sensitive or confidential personnel or organizational matters.
- Excellent computer skills and experience using spreadsheets, charting and other software tools, such as MS word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3rd March 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Grants Finance Manager’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.