The Institute for Transportation & Development Policy (ITDP) is a not-for-profit organization based in New York City with offices in Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, Guangzhou, Chennai, Pune, Nairobi, Jakarta and Washington DC. ITDP works to promote environmentally sustainable and socially equitable transportation policies and projects around the world, with an emphasis on developing countries. ITDP’s programs focus on bus rapid transit, cycling and walking, travel demand management, parking, and urban revitalization.
Note: this position is based in our Jakarta, Indonesia office. Fluency in Bahasa and English is required.
ITDP seeks a Senior Transportation Associate to support the implementation of sustainable transportation principles, best practices and project examples throughout Indonesia. Our Indonesia office is fast-paced and ambitious, with projects in Jakarta, projects starting or in development in nine other cities around the country and other international projects.
Interested candidate should have strong background in engineering and planning and designing sustainable transport systems.
The candidate will report to the Vice and Country Director. S/he will be expected to work in close collaboration with team members in Indonesia and ITDP offices across the world.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and manage projects with his/her team which includes Transport Associate, Urban Planning Associate, Transport Assistant, and Urban Planning Assistant.
- Manage and conduct surveys pertaining to required data.
- Act as a technical advisor while conducting meetings with the stakeholders.
- Ability to perform problem solving analysis, evaluation and recommendation internally (ITDP) and externally (GOI, Government of Indonesia).
- Write reports on projects that present design, ideas and solutions to counterparts.
- Problem identification of all transportation/traffic issues occur in project area related to the scope of work and objective to be achieved described in the Terms of Reference (Proposal) of ITDP.
- Monitor of all transportation/ traffic issues occurred in project area described in Terms of Reference.
- Coordinate and cooperate with other specialists in the structure.
- Develop work/action programs, in order to support the GOI and boost up the issue for public or media consumption.
- Prepare measurement parameters in order to measure or evaluate the achievement of outsourced works/job.
- Prepare Terms of Reference for outsourced works/ personnel/ job/assignment/research/ trainings/expatriate/etc. if they are required to be done in order to follow up the solutions that recommended.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the progress of works conducted by the outsourced parties.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- A master’s degree in civil engineering, transportation planning, urban planning, architecture, or other relevant field.
- At least 5 (five) years of relevant professional experience.
- Familiarity with engineering analysis, engineering drawing, planning surveys, conducting surveys, data processing, and management concepts.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, AutoCAD, mapping software and other transportation software.
- Creativity for improving work and further reaching the organization’s mission.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, in a fast paced environment.
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and handle short-term deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Should demonstrate a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Strong communicator with excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Live in or will relocate to Jakarta.
- Medium travel required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Also Have the Following Qualifications
- Committed to advancing ITDP’s mission and to environmental and social justice.
- Excellent in engineering analysis and design related to transportation.
- Able to communicate well, make powerful presentation.
- Able to manage people and projects to produce successful outcome.
- Able to maintain the relationship with client, stakeholder and GOI.
How to Apply
Please send a curriculum vitae, cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Due to high number of applicants received, only application from suitable candidates that will be responded. Deadline: 31 March 2016
Salary will be commensurate.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.