Field Oversight Advisor for BERSAMA – Gender-based Violence Prevention Program in Eastern Indonesia
Bersama’s goal is “Gender-based violence reduced.” Bersama will support community-based efforts to prevent and respond to gender-based violence (GBV) in Eastern Indonesia, especially in Papua and West Papua. This effort will serve as the primary entry point for supporting partners to advocate for reduced acceptance of gender inequality and for increased government accountability for promotion and protection of citizen rights and the provision of basic services, especially services for survivors of violence. As violence against women constitutes the largest and most visible component of GBV, the Bersama project will focus primarily on violence against women (VAW) while leaving the door open to addressing other aspects of GBV.
Bersama seeks to contribute to the prevention and more effective response to GBV. The Bersama goal will be accomplished by achieving three lower-level objectives:
- Reduced Acceptance of GBV and Gender Inequality through establishment of norms that support non-violence and equity in relationships among women and men;
- Strengthened Government Capacity to provide basic services related to GBV;
- Increased voice for Bersama CSO subgrantees in the fight against GBV
Field Oversight Advisor will be responsible for:
- Overseeing program development (reporting to Chief of Party) and logistics for all components of the program. Managing technical program development as appropriate. Acts as COP in the absence of COP.
- Supporting procurement and management of sub-awards. S/he will determine the most reasonable, fair and expeditious procurement alternative for each grant. S/he ensures that procurement procedures guarantee the best value for USAID and grantees.
- Overseeing program implementation, including all sub-grants and supervising a Grant Specialist.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Gender/GBV studies, or other related social science and development studies
- Minimum of seven years’ experience working in GBV projects, preferably in Papua
- Expertise in theoretically grounded, well-documented approaches to the following integrally related areas of knowledge and practice: gender analysis; women’s rights instruments and advocacy and other strategies to achieve related policy reform and responsive governance; the breadth of approaches to combating GBV, with emphasis on community-based approaches
- Experience in Papua and/or West Papua strongly desired
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of USAID procurement systems; previous USAID-funded project experiences is preferred
- Demonstrated skills in written and spoken English
- The ideal candidate would be Indonesian
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online through FHI 360's Career Portal at HERE. Or submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Mon 7th of March 2016. Please specify source in your application.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.