At 350.org, we believe in a safe climate and a better future — a just, prosperous, and equitable world built with the power of ordinary people.
Said another way: We’re aiming to make the kind of change the world needs, not what’s been deemed “politically feasible” by governments. We pick unrealistic fights, and then win them.
We’re looking for a driven and creative Indonesia Digital Campaigner to identify, develop, and implement kickass digital campaigns in collaboration with the rest of our team and partners.
We’re looking for someone who wants to help build the climate movement’s next-big-thing. Someone who is deeply enmeshed in climate politics, but not bound by conventional political thinking. Someone who turns out stirring copy and navigates coalition politics with grace. Someone who is comfortable analyzing conversion rates, but believes that data should be in service to strategy.
We’re looking for someone who is 100% committed to building a better world as fast as we possibly can, and has the talent and heart to deliver.
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world.
About the Indonesia Digital Campaigner
The Indonesia Digital Campaigner will identify, develop, and implement multi-platform digital campaigns, and collaborate with other 350.org staff and partners on online-to-offline organizing and mobilization strategy in Indonesia and occasionally the wider region.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, an experienced campaigner, a solid project manager, and a talented writer in English and Bahasa. We will be looking for someone with demonstrated experience in developing, planning, implementing and coordinating creative campaigns to get results, including innovative use of online tools and strategies. Experience with collaborative group processes, and of working on energy and climate issues in Indonesia, will be distinct advantages.
The Indonesia Digital Campaigner will:
- Work with 350.org campaign & project teams to develop and implement strategic online-to-offline campaigns; Initially this will include supporting allies and partners in Indonesia with upcoming mobilisation plans for May, 2016;
- Craft email, social media, and other web content to support campaigns;
- Identify opportunities, develop campaign ideas, and implement strategic online campaigns to grow 350.org’s audience and mailing list;
- Occasionally support staff or partners with technical assistance, including HTML, graphic design, and database management;
- Use digital media to share campaign updates, victories, and stories.
The Indonesia Digital Campaigner will be part of 350.org’s Online Network Engagement, East Asia, and global teams.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in online campaigning.
- Strategic campaign development expertise and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Fantastic verbal and written communications skills, with fluency in English and Bahasa. Ability to write for a variety of audiences and platforms.
- Highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as in close coordination with a remote team.
- Keen knowledge of and interest in energy and climate politics.
- Knowledge of and dedication to the climate movement. Commitment to building grassroots power as a means to effect change.
- Good networking skills and ability to work with multiple partners from all parts of the society.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience at the intersection of online and offline organizing, mobilization, and direct action.
- Experience with coalition and/or multi-stakeholder campaign planning and implementation.
- Experience using some (or all) of the online platforms employed by the digital team, including but not limited to Action Kit, Action Network, WordPress, and Control Shift Labs.
- Basic front-end web development skills (HTML, CSS).
- A good design eye, and experience using graphic design programs.
- Experience with the following:
- grassroots organising
- non-violent direct action and civil disobedience
- internal processes and systems development
- international campaigning
Position Type: Full-time
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on experience
Location: Indonesia, most likely Jakarta. Must have strong internet connection.
We hope to begin the interview process by as soon as possible, but this position is open until filled.
350.org wants to be an inclusive and collaborative group of people who bring a variety of approaches to the work we do. We’re committed to the principles of justice, and we try to build a workplace where everyone’s treated fairly and enjoys working together. We value new perspectives, ideas of all sorts, and different ways of working. Diverse perspectives and experiences improve the way 350.org carries out its work – including what we decide to work on and how creatively/effectively we do that. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to women, people of of any ethnic background, people of any age, Indigenous people, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer people, disabled people, and other under-represented communities in our kind of organisations – including communities most impacted by climate change or impacted by other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustice.
If you have suggestions for us on how to do this better, we really value your input and strongly encourage you to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Hiring Feedback’.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.