Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international non-governmental, non-religious, and non-profit making organization that delivers programmes in over 45 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. ACF had been now developed into ACF International network with headquarters in France, Spain, Canada, UK and USA.
Under the current activities of our WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene) program in Kupang District, East Nusa Tenggara Province, a key area to focus is to support the capacity building of local authorities, community, include local NGO to improve the capacity to replicate key activities on their own. To realise this, ACF is now seeking a good candidate to fill the position of “WASH PROJECT MANAGER”, with the following:
Job Title: WASH PROJECT MANAGER
Period of Contract: 6 Months (possible extension)
Placement: Kupang – Nusa Tenggara Timur
Reporting: FIELD COORDINATOR
Expected date of join APRIL 2016
Educational / Professional Background:
Engineering Degree or equivalent in a field related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, or training/course specific to WASH in humanitarian contexts + minimum 2 years of work experience
Required Competence & Skills:
- Applied skills on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene projects management (public health, engineering…)
- Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills…)
- Manage WASH programs (definition/formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation)
- Implements, in the framework of his projects, the mission’s WASH strategy taking into account the key internal and external documents
- Contributes to the definition of the mission’s WASH strategy in cooperation with the WASH Coordinator
- Responsible, in the geographic area of intervention and working with target populations, of:
- Data collection regarding the local stakeholders (who is doing what and where)
- Data collection regarding the WaSH regulatory documents existing at the national, provincial,
- Needs assessments and related reports.
- Writing and submission of proposals (proposal narrative, budget and LFA)
- Masters perfectly his project (s) and related stakes, logical framework and indicators and planning.
- Develops technical guidelines for the implementation of his project(s).
- Ensure possible MOU and partnership agreement signed with local partners, contractor and others stakeholders are respected (progress of activities, budget spend, etc);
- Ensure the good quality of the relationship between ACF and local partners and to support the team in developing follow up tools.
- Implements Donors and ACF visibility on the working sites of his project (s)
- Responsible for the implementation in the working sites of the safety measures/rules for ACF teams (including daily hired) and the populations/public
- Implements transparency and accountability measures towards the project beneficiaries, ensuring community ownership.
- Representation to the local authorities
- Representation to donors when required,
- Coordinates ACF’s action with other stakeholders working in the intervention area
- Supports capacity building of ACF WASH partners
- Contributes to the definition of external evaluations (opportunities, ToR…), supports external evaluators (during their mission), and implements recommendations coming out from external evaluations
- Implements a double KAP for all his projects
- Is the functional and hierarchical manager for the WASH teams working on his project (s)
- Takes part actively in the recruitment and the training of his staff, in cooperation with the administrator or the logistic-administrator officer.
- Ensures the evaluation (performance appraisal) of his staff
- Ensures the compilation on a soft drive of all essential documents related to his project (s) and transmits them to the Program Coordinator and Field Coordinator.
- Contributes to the definition and implementation of capitalization/technical research topics and reports
Please put the title on your application ACF WASH PM in subject line . Only short listed cand id ates will be contacted.
“All ACF member of ACF worldwide are committed to respect the 6 leading principles of the organization: Independence, Non-discrimination, Free and Direct access to victims, Professionalism and Transparency. ACF is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.