CI Indonesia’s ‘blue carbon’ program aims to develop effective conservation strategies for the protection of carbon-rich coastal ecosystems, including mangroves and sea grasses.
These ecosystems sequester vast amounts of ‘blue carbon’ and their conservation will be a necessary part of any national climate change mitigation strategies.
In particular, West Papua contains up to half of Indonesia’s mangroves and is therefore a matter of high importance. Under the auspices of the BHS, CII has created a working field demonstration at Arguni Bay, Kaimana kabupaten.
The Blue Carbon manager will primarily be responsible for coordinating this Kaimana-based work, in partnership with the CI Kaimana Program Manager.
In addition, the BCM will participate in all relevant national level BC activities, including working with relevant government agencies and NGOs to advance policy and coastal planning frameworks to maximize blue carbon conservation in Indonesia.
- Manage CII’s BC projects and grants, including monitoring, documenting data, reporting
- Coordinate on-ground BC works in partnership particularly with Kaimana CI Team.
- Build effective partnerships to support BC in Indonesia with community, scientific, non-government, and government groups and agencies at local and global levels.
- Contribute to national policy development by participating in relevant forum.
- Develop effective market approaches, innovative conservation approaches and alternative livelihood approaches strategies and incentive systems intended to maintain BC
Experience in policy-making, negotiation
- Degree or Advanced Degree in science, natural resource management or economic
- Strong ability to engage effectively with scientists and policy-makers
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, supervise fieldwork, develop partnerships
- Experience in market-based approaches to conservation, community-based conservation, traditional ecological knowledge
- Experience working in remote locations
With each step, we need more and more hands. Apply your passion, skills, and talents to helping us protect the most important places around the world.
Please send your current resume and cover letter (no more than 4 pages) to:
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <BC – Coordinator> – <your name>
Closing date for the application is 16 March 2016
(Only short-listed candidates will benotified).
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.