Disaster Risk Reduction Specialist
DAI works at the cutting edge of internationaldevelopment, combining excellence in technical and operational projectmanagement, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complexproblems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transitioncountries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas includingcrisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and publicsector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development andfinancial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control,water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
AdaptasiPerubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK) Project is a 5-year, $19 million USAIDfunded Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesiato strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated mannerfrom the national level down to the community level. APIK will help tomainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into nationaland sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communitiesand the private sector to address climate change and weather-related naturalhazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster riskmanagement among key stakeholders.
- Workclosely with the Regional Managers to design, implement, and evaluate DRRstrategies, program activities, and best practices that are tailored to eachtarget landscape and district;
- Provideresearch and analysis on each target location and collect information on DRRand sector issues in a specific region;
- Communicatebest practices and lessons learned with community stakeholders, collaboratingwith the Communications, Outreach and Knowledge Management Specialist asneeded;
- Developtraining and DRR implementation tools for use at the community and regionallevel.
- Provenexperience with DRR policy issues
- Experienceproviding policy and advisory services to determine best approaches forenhanced development effectiveness in support of DRR
- Experiencewith resilience-focused activities, resource mobilization, and advocacy
- Universitydegree in a relevant field
- StrongEnglish speaking and writing abilities.
There are threepositions available on regional teams. Locations include:
- East Java
- Southeast Sulawesi
- Reports directly to the Regional Manager
Interested applicants areinvited to send their CV to APIK_recruitment@dai.com. Please send applications no later than 4 March 2016. Applicants areinstructed to write “ Disaster RiskReduction Specialist – LOCATION – NAME” as the Subject line oftheir email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of allapplications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.