The Sulu-Sulawesi Marine Eco-region (SSME) or Sulu-Sulawesi Seascape (SSS) is a Priority Seascape located in the western Indo Pacific region at the apex of the Coral Triangle covering 1 million km² of marine and terrestrial areas in Indonesia (North Sulawesi and East Kalimantan), Malaysia (Sabah) and the Philippines.
The SSSC Project, with funding support from the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB), is implemented by the partner organisations in the respective and GIZ under the umbrella of the Coral Triangle Initiative on Coral Reefs, Fisheries and Food Security (CTI-CFF).
The overall project outcome is:
The countries of the Sulu-Sulawesi-Seascape, a priority seascape under the CTI, implement their actions within the framework of the Regional Plan of Action (RPOA) in a more coordinated manner, with a special focus on Marine Protected Areas (MPA), Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries Management (EAFM) and Climate Change Adaptation Planning.
As the project approach is tri-national, the outputs of this project should be replicated in the three countries of the SSSC as well as the larger Coral Triangle Region in which they are embedded.
We are seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
(Senior) Project Coordinator
(Focus on Marine, Fisheries and Climate Change)
The incumbent will engage in policy advice, institutional and competency development of the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries in Indonesia with major focus on implementing the CTI-CFF Regional and National Plan of Action in the Sulu Sulawesi Seascape. S/he will liaise and work closely with the Coral Triangle Initiative National Coordinating Committee (NCC) for Indonesia, local government units, national and international partners to provide technical advice in natural resource governance mainly on focus on Marine Protected Areas (MPA), Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries Management (EAFM) and Climate Change Adaptation Planning and in the implementation of the activities. S/he will oversee and coordinate the project activities in Indonesia and will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting. This post includes frequent travels throughout the country and the Sulawesi Sea especially, as well as within partner countries such as the Philippines and Malaysia.
The Job Holder performs the following tasks, but is not limited to:
Professional Advice and Consultancy
Provides technical guidance for partners and other stakeholders in the area of expertise (Integrated Coastal Management, Climate-adaptation, Biodiversity Conservation, EAFM) through e.g.:
- design and conduct of interventions or approaches technical reports or concept papers
- analysis of external environment and trends and development of strategic options representation of GIZ or the project in relevant working groups and local and international meetings
Strengthens the performance capabilities of partners and other stakeholders through e.g.:
- exercises to guide them in the implementation of technically appropriate, economically viable and sustainable interventions and activities
- training and support of colleagues and staff in matters related to the field of expertise
Ensures quality of all project sponsored measures including technical design / supervision / implementation through e.g.:
- conceptualizing and implementing participatory processes in determining / setting success indicators and quality standards
- providing quality control for technical services
- ensuring the implementation of agreed and established monitoring and evaluation plans and frameworks
Information, Knowledge Management, and Public Relations
Ensures the documentation and utilization of technical expertise, lessons learnt and best practices through e.g.:
- monitoring, documentation and reporting of progress and results
- workshops on subject matter expertise or GIZ tools expertise
- contributions to publications, scientific technical papers and posters
- facilitates PR activities
Coordination and Management
Contributes to the overall management of the project through e.g.:
- establishing contacts and dialogues with stakeholders for needs analysis
- facilitation of project planning and implementation
- facilitates coordination of implementation among partners in Indonesia as well as with Malaysia and the Philippines as needed
- cooperating with other relevant development initiatives.
General Corporate Tasks
Performs other tasks relevant to the job or organization unit when the need arises (e.g. assisting/ writing proposals); participates in task teams and other corporate entrepreneurial or strategy-linked endeavours.
- Recognized expertise in the technical field (Marine Affairs, Marine Protected Areas and Fisheries)
- Demonstrated organization and project management skills – able to work independently
- Strategic in thinking: able to think long-term implications of approaches, decisions, and actions
- Ability to communicate and to relate with people of diverse cultures and at all levels of a hierarchical organization and constructively cooperate with colleagues
- Ability to transmit knowledge in a user-oriented way
- Results and performance oriented
- At least Master’s degree in coastal area management, fisheries, or any related environmental management (or its equivalent);
- Minimum of 5 years of professional working experience in the field of coastal or environmental management (preferably national scope and/or internationally funded projects);
- Having worked with SSME and CTI related issues is an asset;
- Background in monitoring and evaluation and working experience in aforementioned fields;
- Fluent in English speaking and writing;
- Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia speaking;
- Willingness to acquire new knowledge as required by the tasks to be performed;
Duty Station: Jakarta
Direct Supervisor: Project Director
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 7 April 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: SSME – (Senior) Project Coordinator.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.