Hivos Southeast Asia is a Dutch non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title: Training Officer - SII
Duty Station: Sumba, Indonesia
Duration: One year, with possibility of extension
Report to: Field Project Manager-SII
In 2010 Hivos Southeast Asia started the Iconic Island initiative. The Indonesian island of Sumba was chosen as the ‘Iconic Island’. Hivos Southeast aims to provide access to reliable renewable forms of energy to the population of this island, and in doing so, ending their dependency on fossil fuels and support development and economic activities of the local population. With years of experience working with partner organizations to establish access to sustainable energy in developing countries, Hivos Southeast Asia is convinced that converting to sustainable energy while combining poverty reduction, is possible on a large scale. The results of the Iconic Island initiative should become an example for other parts of the world.
In December 2015, Hivos Southeast Asia signed a partnership agreement with the Millennium Challenge Account-Indonesia (MCA-I) which allows Hivos Southeast Asia to rapidly scale up renewable energy access and income benefits by replicating the successful approaches and business models developed under our Sumba Iconic Island (SII).
The partnership agreement is working to achieve two outcomes, including:
- Improvement of rural livelihoods through utilization of renewable energy in rural communities; and
- Sustainable business models to create market (energy market and energy appliances market) of off-grid RE technologies adopted.
The Training Officer Sumba Iconic Island will be responsible for developing human resources capacity by delivering training programmes to local partners and beneficiaries and other stakeholder during project implementation together with the Training Coordinator.
The Training Officer will be responsible for implementing and monitoring the delivery of training programmes and make sure that all training activities comply with Hivos Southeast Asia and MCA-I standards and targets. He/she will work with a project team and coordinates closely with the Training Coordinator. The position is based in the Sumba field office.
Roles and responsibilities
- To play a proactive role in the implementation of the multi stakeholders Sumba Iconic Island initiative which aims at realising 100% renewable energy at Sumba Island.
- Assist general preparation, execution, evaluation and documentation of workshop/training events for Hivos Southeast Asia consortium staff and project beneficiaries.
- Support the coordination with third parties and consortium members for the purpose of coordinating training-related work.
- Prepare training sessions and invite training participants and develop the training protocols in coordination with the Training Specialist.
- Assist preparation, printing, and dissemination of training modules.
- Contribute to make sure the training output comply with key success indicators;
- Contribute to evaluate training execution and output and improving the quality of next training sessions;
- Assist in development of training report;
- Assist preparation of quarterly or annual report with all team members.
- Contribute to Hivos Southeast Asia overall organizational and policy development.
- Be a reliable and supportive team member to the whole team.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- Bachelors level university degree in communication, human resources, development or equivalent in a relevant field
- With at least 3 years’ experience in developmental organizations or international NGOs or comparable experience
- Strong knowledge of skill development
- Proven exposure to community engagement and government liaison, in particularly on delivering capacity development programmes
- Indonesian citizen.
- Sufficient communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- Familiarity or concern with the issues of renewable energy.
- Having respect for humanitarian or humanist principles and willing to work in a non- discriminating, neutral, impartial and gender equal environment.
- Willing to have frequent travels and stay at Sumba
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 18 March 2016.
This is an opened position at national level.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Training Officer-SII’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.