Bio slurry Market Assessment Consultant
Yayasan Rumah Energi received funding from MCA-I through Partnership with HIVOS to implement GADING Project in four provinces (West Java, Central Java, NTB, and NTT). The program is designed to enhancing sustainable growth and low carbon development. Under this program, the GADING project will blend practical field experience and lab research results into accessible training modules which are disseminated with modern (e-learning through podcasts) as well as conventional (classical and practical) teaching methods. At the same time, the GADING project supports workforce development by building capacity, including links to markets, around low-carbon innovative economic activities related to the use of bio-slurry and Lemna (a common type of duckweed).
The GADING project will build on the existing Indonesia Domestic Biogas Programme, which currently serves more than 16,000 biogas users. The GADING project will have the following objectives, main outcomes and main outputs:
Overall objective: To build local, provincial and national capacity to drive forward Indonesia’s nation-wide low carbon development strategy
Specific objective: to contribute to workforce development, skills acquisition, capacity building, technical assistance, knowledge gathering and dissemination and building on a gender-sensitive and low-carbon development strategy.
The expected outcomes related to the project aim and overall objective are as follows:
- The integrated farming and waste management systems based on the optimized use of bio-digestate and high-nutrient Lemna (duckweed) as organic fodder and fertilizer are adopted
- The enabling environment for gender- responsive energy production with sustainable agriculture and aquaculture is established
The main project outputs are as follows :
- Improved human skills and capacity to adop integrated farming and waste management systems
- Results of research on GHG reducing farming area made available
- Enabling policy environment developed for gender responsive green growth sustainable production
- Gold-standard certification is show-case by attaining carbon credit derived from agriculture activities that contributed to carbon sequestration.
Rationale of the Market Assessment
Integrated farming is an adopted practices when several farming activities conducted simultaneously. A mix of livestock keeping, aqua culture, food cropping, and sometimes with agroforestry.
Promoting bio-digester will not only provide biogas, it will accompany with a byproduct called as bio-slurry. An organic material with sufficient nutrient content equal to any commercial organic fertilizer. Cow dung, chicken litter, pig manure, are all the sources of the bio-slurry, including solid human waste or HHs organic waste.
Since bio-digester has been promoted through BIRU project for the last six years, there were various initiatives promoted by users for using bio-slurry in many different ways, including earth worm cultivation, solid and fluid organic fertilizer, fish pellets, etc. Demand start coming from plantation, small farming or farming industry such as organic fertilizer producers.
The growing biogas sector will also promoting the growing bio-slurry sector, the energy need is a current main factor for bio-digester market, however, there are indications, that potential users want to have a digester because the need for bio-slurry.
Promoting bio-slurry will lead to promotion of
Expected Result from the Bio-slurry Market Assessment
This assesment is aim to derive information on :
- farming practices in a area where project is conducted, gender roles identified
- Main gap identified in farming industry
- Bio-Slurry and lemna used in farming
- Main challenges in using bio-slurry and lemna in farming
- How farmers value bio-slurry and lemna
- Any bio slurry value chains if existing
The assessment will provide comprehensive analysis on potential bio slurry and lemna market, and recommendation on value preposition of bio-slurry and lemna.
The assessment may also recommend some potential players in these concerning areas.
Duration of Assessment: 1 month, start immediately
Location: West Java, Central Java, NTB, NTT
Will cover: expenditure for travel and accommodation and fee for the consultant.
Qualification criteria :
- Possess a tertiary degree majoring economic, development, or others.
- At least 5 years experience in value chain analysis
- Experience in conducting survey with various tools
- Experience working in community development
Applicants should send their application and CV (including three references) in pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org with position code as email subject. Applications are requested by 11 March 2016 at the latest; thereafter the position will remain open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HRD Yayasan Rumah Energi Jalan Pejaten Barat 30A Ragunan PAsar Minggu Jakarta Selatan 12550, Indonesia Tel. +62-21-782-1086, 782-1090 Fax. +62-21-780 4443 Eemail@example.com
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.