Save the Children is an international NGO and the world’s top independent charity for children in need. Since 1919, we have been fighting for children’s rights, saving their lives and providing hope for brighter futures worldwide. In Indonesia, Save the Children currently works in eleven provinces, has staff of approximately 300 local professionals, and programming in Child Protection, Education, Health and Nutrition, Disaster Risk Reduction, and Humanitarian Response. Save the Children in Indonesia is seeking to fill the following position:
CHILD POVERTY / LIVELIHOODS ADVISOR
1 position, based in Jakarta CO
Code : LA-CO
The Child Poverty/ Livelihoods Advisor, based in Jakarta will provide strategic input to the CO Child Poverty Global Initiative thematic programs and direct technical support to child sensitive livelihoods programs. Livelihoods Advisor will need to ensure close collaboration with relevant members’ Technical Advisors. Also, Livelihoods Advisor will closely collaborate with all program managers leading on Livelihoods projects, and specifically prioritise Mondelez funded Cocoa Life project through joint work with program manager and project team.
Reports to: PDQ Director
SC Indonesia implements multiple projects within the growing Child Poverty portfolio, with specific focus on child sensitive livelihoods. Given the importance of ensuring consistent and quality technical assistance across the portfolio a national level Livelihoods Advisor will support common elements of the programs related to food security and resilience of smallholder farming communities, so they continue to invest in their children’s survival, learning and protection.
Staff directly reporting to this post: -
Indirect: Field based Project Officer
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Oversight and Management of Project Implementation and Quality
- Develop conceptual frameworks and strategies implementation of livelihood activities and share with Program Directors, Project Manager, project staff and partners for approval.
- Ensure that project quality frameworks aspects on evidence based, learning agenda, thematic excellence, and accountability are applied in the project implementation and in the partnership relationship.
- Ensure that project plan development and implementation refer to livelihood component in the project proposal.
- Review and provide inputs to terms of references for project activities that relate to livelihood.
- Assess, monitor and appraise the situation with regards to livelihood with the view to design/develop interventions that are appropriate to the needs.
- Utilize opportunities and resources within Save the Children to disseminate information related to livelihood within the program area.
- Document lessons learnt and contribute to Save the Children’s quality programming and advocacy relevant to livelihood.
- Develop and support key staff’s capacity to meet their responsibilities and facilitate appropriate professional development as well as ensure the capacity building to other stakeholders in the area of livelihood.
- As a member of Indonesia Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) Team, the role holder will work on promotion of the program quality framework within his/her area of expertise, and ensuring sharing of the project learning across the thematic program. He/she will also actively participate in development of Food Security and Livelihoods proposals (under Child poverty thematic area) for Save the Children.
- Develop together with Project Manager and the finance unit annual project budgets and monthly projections.
- Support the Project Manager in developing budget forecast in ensuring quality aspects included.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of livelihood resources.
- Support the application of appropriate controls for project resources including accurate tracking of all expenditures.
- Provide technical inputs into response to any prioritized emergency in Indonesia.
Administration, IT, Safety and Security, and Government Relations
- Represent the organization and Project Manager to the partners, Donor and government as appropriate to maintain good relationship with government partners.
- Ensure that efficient, cost effective information technology systems are in place and in compliance with SCI Quality Framework.
- Work with Safety and Security Focal Person to ensure that security policies and procedures are understood and strictly adhered to throughout the programme and that briefing, communication, transport and other systems are developed and provided in support of the maintenance of good security for all staff and visitors.
- Provide timely and quality technical inputs into any livelihoods and food security related procurement, so it is managed in an appropriate, timely and transparent manner as per Save the Children International Policies and procedures and internal audit requirements.
- Contribute to the overall implementation of Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) within CO including ensure CSP integration in all project activities including for target beneficiaries in Lampung and South Sulawesi.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in economic studies, agriculture, business or other relevant studies. Advanced degree preferred.
- Practical experience with concepts for agriculture and livelihoods programming.
- Familiarity with financial services, enterprise development and market based approaches to Livelihoods.
- Team leadership skills.
- Experience with program assessment and design.
- Training skills.
- Proposal development experience.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in Indonesian and English.
- Recommended a minimum of five years of holding specialist position on livelihood.
- Ability and willingness to travel across Indonesia.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
Information for internal candidates only:
- Current Save the Children employees must serve for a minimum of one year in their current job before applying for a new position.
- Current Save the Children employees should inform their line managers before submitting an application.
Updated CV and application letter should be sent to email@example.com
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <LA-CO ><your name>
Closing date for application is up to 14 March 2016
(Only short-listed candidates will be notified)
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.