The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is a conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people. In Indonesia, TNC has been supporting improved natural resource planning and management for 20 years, including working with government, private sector, and local communities. We currently have an opening for:
Marine & Fisheries Policy Manager (Policy Manager)
The Policy Manager develops implements, liaises, and coordinates with the Government of Indonesia and other relevant parties, the priority policy initiatives of the TNC Indonesia Marine Program and the TNC Indonesia Fisheries Conservation Program. The priority policy programs and pertains to Marine Conservation Areas, Marine Spatial Planning, Blue Growth /Climate Change and Fisheries Management for long-term natural resource management in Indonesia. S/he networks and negotiates with high level key stakeholder partners (Government, Bilateral/Multilateral agencies, CSOs) and speaks in public forums including with key media. S/he links science-to-policy-to-practice towards writing a robust science-based and analytical policy brief, peer-reviewed, aligned with TNC regional and global strategies. S/he coordinates and monitors policy development at district, provincial and national levels.
The Policy Manager synergizes the development and implementation of priority policy initiatives in close coordination with the site-based policy staff and/or site-based project leaders.
The Policy Manager also represents the TNC Indonesia Marine Program and the TNC Indonesia Fisheries Conservation Program at national, provincial and local government and special interest groups and committees, and works with key government officials and partners to advance support for the success of TNC’s mission and programs in Indonesia.
The Policy Manager provides the following essential functions:
- National issues mapping relevant with TNC’s priorities
- Ministries/government agencies mapping: organization structure, key persons, key opinion formers, priorities
- Linkage between ministries/government agencies and public funding agencies
- Linkage with regional initiatives (Coral Triangle Initiative, ASEAN, Trans-Pacific Partnership)
- Updates on policies and regulations development at local, national and regional level related to sustainable financing
- Contributes relevant information/content and inputs for concept notes and proposals development
Duties related to TNC Indonesia Marine Program are as follows:
- Technical assistance to the Government of Indonesia on the development of regulations about management of Marine Conservation Areas, marine spatial planning, climate change, and fisheries management (esp. community-based, small-scale fisheries)
- Represent TNC as a member of two Coral Triangle Initiative working group in Indonesia: MPA working group, and the EAFM working group.
- Conduct a policy and practice forum on behalf of the TNC Indonesia Marine Program
Duties related to TNC Indonesia Fisheries Conservation Program are as follows:
- Development of policies and regulations on fishing effort control and development of other harvest control rules
- Development of public-private partnerships in capture fisheries
- Development of collaborative (government-private sector) fisheries management initiatives
- Develop initiatives to mainstream application of data-poor stock assessment tools and other innovations in governance of capture fisheries
- Conduct a policy and practice forum on behalf of the TNC Indonesia Fisheries Conservation Program
- Assist TNC's role in facilitating interaction between Regional Fisheries Management Organizations (RFMOs) and the Government of Indonesia
- Facilitate Indonesia's proposed ratification of the FAO Port State Measures Agreement
The Policy Manager is based in Jakarta and reports to the Director of External Affairs. The Policy Manager coordinates his/her activities with the Indonesia Marine Program Director and the Indonesia Fisheries Conservation Program Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, environmental policy, management or other relevant field and 5 years of government relations or corporate sector experience, or equivalent combination education/experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Analytical and project management experience. Demonstrated experience in successfully developing and implementing complex projects in an unstructured environment.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience developing, directing and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program goals
- Excellent team player with experience working in multi-disciplinary groups, using influence and interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with governments, corporations, partners, donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff.
Please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than March 26, 2016. Please insert the position title you are interested to apply on the subject line.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.