UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, UNDP offers global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.”
UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.”
Despite impressive progress and ongoing efforts, Indonesia is still faced with a number of challenges in achieving sustainable development, which promotes economic and social development as well as environmental protection that benefits the entire population. The current economy of Indonesia is “brown,” which is based on energy intensity, high carbon, and exploitation of ecosystem services. This has resulted in rapid ecosystem degradation and unsustainable development. The Government of Indonesia (GoI) has been striving to achieve a transition from the current “brown” economy to green economy development pathways. To realize this, it is central to integrate the principles of green economy into the processes of policy decision making, namely planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
GoI has demonstrated the commitment towards sustainable development by issuing three National Action Plans, namely National Action Plan to Reduce Emission Reduction (RAN-GRK), National Action Plan for Climate Change Adaptation (RAN-API) and Indonesia Biodiversity Strategic Action Plan (IBSAP).
The Sustainable Development Financing (SDF) – BIOFIN project is intended to support this transition process. The project will be implemented during 2014-2017 and is an umbrella project of UNDP for all climate & biodiversity financing projects in Indonesia. The project will be implemented by the Fiscal Policy Agency of the Ministry of Finance in close coordination with Bappenas, the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Ministry of Home Affairs and Indonesia Institute of Sciences. The project targets three thematic areas: climate change mitigation, adaptation and Biodiversity. The aim of the project is to strengthen the capacities of the Government of Indonesia to green the budget process by development and application of budget tagging system, fiscal instruments and performance-based budgeting system to enhance implementation of three action plans; RAN/RAD GRK (climate mitigation), RAN API (climate adaptation) and IBSAP (biodiversity).
The project consists of three regional/global UNDP projects: the UNDP-UNEP Poverty-Environment Initiative (PEI); Building Transformative Policy & Financing Frameworks to Increase Investment in Biodiversity Management (BIOFIN) funded by the European Union and the Federal Ministry of Environment of Germany; and Strengthening the Governance of Climate Finance to Benefit the Poor and Vulnerable funded by Swedish International Development Agency.
The project activities will focus on supporting effective implementation of RAN-GRK, RAN-API and IBSAP. The component activities include, but not limited to:
- Put in place system to integrate biodiversity & ecosystem services, climate mitigation and adaptation in sectoral & development policy, planning & budgeting:
- Assessing the financing & governance needs for the implementation of RAN-GRK, RAN-API and IBSAP.
- Identify, access, combine & sequence different sources of funds to meet the financing needs.
- Initiate implementation of the resource mobilization strategy at national level.
- Establishment of budget tagging and performance-based budgeting system to allow tracking expenditure and assess cost-effectiveness of the activities.
- Development of fiscal instruments and policies to support effective implementation of RAN-GRK, RAN-API and IBSAP.
This position is located primarily in project under the overall guidance of National Project Manager (NPM). The incumbent will contribute to the development of database of knowledge management, Effectively monitoring and evaluating various communications tools and activities, to measure the impact on achieving the overall objectives, effective implementation of the evaluation policy, ensures that minimum monitoring and evaluation requirements for projects are met, and participates in the conduct of thematic and crosscutting evaluations. S/he will be responsible to ensure that project evaluations are carried out according to schedules and that findings and recommendations are implemented and followed up.
The Communication M&R Associate will developing, editing and publishing of the content of strategic information materials for advocacy and training/capacity building purposes, and also track results and apply the monitoring framework as set up in the project document in line with prevailing internal monitoring guidelines, ensuring that reporting arrangements and requirements are in place and are being implemented in a timely manner.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensures the implementation of monitoring and reporting policies and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of regular update and input in monitoring of project activities, to assess overall project implementation with respect to project objectives, outputs and indicators;
- Provision of effective troubleshooting, suggestion for corrective measures to be undertaken, and make arrangements of technical assistance to implementing partners based on results of monitoring, where necessary
- Timely reporting arrangements are in place and being implemented to ensure that the reporting requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Timely collection of informaton and drafting of ‘human interest stories’ of persons impacted by UNDP supported programming
- Provision of guidance to implementing partner and serves as focal point for communication, M&R in line with UNDP monitoring and reporting policies, procedures and practices;
- Analysis of data related to the project at the national, provincial and district levels;
- High-quality data presentations, data maps, statistical spreadsheets for internal and external consumption: government, other UN agencies, etc.
- Effective showcase to external stakeholders on progress made and impacts delivered
Ensure effective support of the implementation of evaluation plan, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of guidance to implementing partner and serves as focal point for M&R in line with UNDP evaluation policies, procedures and practices
- Provision of input for the Project Manager on the needs for evaluation based on the donor agreements
- Analysis based on data collection for the evaluation process as necessary and requested by independent evaluators;
- Coordination with the project team, project board and the stakeholders to ensure smooth conduct of the evaluation;
- Provision of high quality of data and strategic inputs for improving the existing M&R systems.
- Timely implementation of evaluation recommendations.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the area of monitoring and reporting, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Effective support to project staff in identification, documentation, synthesis of lessons learned and best practices to be integrated into broader knowledge management efforts.
- Contribution to the implementation of Evaluation Knowledge Management and Learning Strategy
- Established system and updated documentation of research reports, studies and evaluations are maintained. This includes the collection and documentation of relevant reports from government research bodies, national and international agencies, etc.
- Facilitation and participation in results-oriented monitoring and evaluation training efforts.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
Level 1.2: Preparing information for advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UNDP’s mandate
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Level 1.2: Contributes into results through primary research and analysis
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work
- Researches linkages across programme activities to identify critical points of integration
- Monitors specific stages of projects/programme implementation
Building Strategic Partnerships
Levle 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
- Analyzes and selects materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
Level 1.2: Enhancing processes or products
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
Level 1.2: Providing inputs to resource mobilization strategies
- Analyzes information/databases on potential and actual donors
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.2: Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
Level 1.2: Preparing information for global advocacy
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Maintains a functioning network of contacts in the media and civil society, to promote a
Level 1.2: Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Willingness to take Prince2 training and certification, RMG
- Bachelor degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Environment, Information technology, Statistic or other relevant fields of study would be desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably in the field of development.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is an absolute necessity;
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- Demonstrated strong familiarity with UNDP development projects in Indonesia.
- Solid experience monitoring and producing high quality report of climate change project is desired.
- Strong knowledge and experience in project management support are essential as as well as ability to draft high quality report supported with graphic and statistical summaries.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting with a background and interest in the analysis of socio-economic issues and related policy matters.
- Knowledge on various donor’s reporting requirements
- Highly developed communication skills, including ability to draft/edit texts and to articulate ideas in a clear, concise style to a variety of audiences, as well as facilitation skill
- shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Ability to identify strategic issues, opportunities and risks, and communicate broad and compelling organizational direction
- Excellent analytical skill and advance computer skills required, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Good inter-personal and team building skills.
- Full time availability for project management support duties is essential.
- Familiar with Government and UN/UNDP procedures would be desirable
- Experience in handling of web based management systems would be highly desirable.
DEADLINE 22 Mar 2016
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.