Spatial (GIS and Remote Sensing) Analyst Expert– Jakarta, Indonesia
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of Spatial Analyst to be stationed in Winrock International’s Jakarta office. The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Applicants should go to HERE to the Jobs link and submit a current resume and cover letter referencing Spatial Analysis Specialist by 6 April 2016.
Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
Position Title: Spatial Analyst
DepartmenT: Forestry and Natural Resource management
Reports to: Program Officer
Winrock is seeking Spatial (GIS/Remote Sensing) Analyst candidates for multiple funded projects to be led by Winrock International. The candidate will be responsible for assisting in implementing several Winrock Indonesia projects centered around palm oil plantations and greenhouse gas emission estimation and reduction. The Spatial Analyst will be working in close collaboration with Winrock’s staff to develop a series of web based spatial databases and analysis tools. The Spatial Analyst will be responsible for working with other members of the Winrock staff and its partners to compile different spatial databases that will focus on the local and national level. Together with Winrock’s home office technical staff and a web developer, the Spatial Analyst will then lead the development of web-based GIS tools designed to examine the social, greenhouse gas, hydrological, biodiversity, and other ecosystem services impacts of various potential policy and land management decisions. The web based GIS tool must also be designed to allow users to update actions and thus monitor progress toward development and sustainability goals.
The Spatial Analyst will be responsible for the technical development of the tool along with conducting detailed consultations with various potential tool users, including both government and private sector actors. The staff person will work closely with other US and Indonesian based Winrock staff along with its partners.
The Spatial Analyst will be responsible for managing, developing, and implementing the spatial analysis work required under various projects. In addition, the Spatial Analyst will be responsible for database development, design and implementation of user interfaces, integration of GIS data with ground measurements and remote sensing datasets, image analysis, and organization and archiving of data and analyses developed. The Coordinator will be responsible for writing, reviewing and editing technical materials for project deliverables and tool development.
The Spatial Analyst will be an expert in ArcGIS (knowledge of other programs are also helpful), have a science background preferably in natural resource management and GHG accounting, and have had some experience working with ArcGIS Online publishing maps and tools online. It is also desirable that the candidate have some basic computer programming skills.
Responsible for the technical implementation of the GIS aspects of projects in close collaboration with the Project Directors, Program Officers and other staff:
- Prepare project deliverables including spatial information analysis, databases development, and publishing online maps with ArcGIS Online.
- Design and implement user interfaces with ArcGIS Online.
- Provide technical assistance to projects as needed including support to acquisition of field data, aerial surveys, and other imagery.
- Provide training to team members and clients in the use of methods pertaining to the use of GIS.
- Prepare and contribute to presentations of methods and results at public and private fora.
- Maintain knowledge of evolving issues in the global climate change and environmental fields.
- Recommend and implement new approaches that strengthen Winrock International’s reputation for good science and expand the visibility of Winrock International’s spatial analysis work.
- Identify strategic partners and help to develop collaborative initiatives to address evolving issues.
- Conduct literature reviews and background document research.
- Facilitate communications with team members and partner organizations.
- Prepare periodic reports and written deliverables for institutional partners, donor agencies and Winrock.
- Attend conferences and workshops related to applied GIS in forestry and environment with government agencies, financial institutions, utilities, trade associations, NGO’s, etc.; build strategic alliances; and, explore new areas where the skills and experience of Ecosystem Services can be effectively applied for other purposes.
- Manage individual tasks as needed or assigned
Qualifications AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree required with demonstrated coursework in the application of GIS techniques to issues in ecosystem ecology, forestry, soils, biodiversity, natural resource management or a closely related field. Bachelor’s degree with extensive work experience will be considered as equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in GIS applications related to ecosystem services required.
- Experience in analysis and design of projects using information technology and GIS required.
- Good understanding of remote sensing methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work with public and private sector is desired.
- Knowledge and experience with the spatial datasets developed and cataloged for Indonesia at local, regional, national, and international desired.
- Experience with databases using SQL including construction and macro development is desired.
- Experience with design, implementation of scientific research and presentation of results in scientific fora desired.
- Familiarity with Indonesian government agencies associated with spatial and nonspatial information services desired.
- Familiarity with climate change mitigation and greenhouse gas emission accounting desired.
- Familiarity with development and sustainability policies and pledges by government and private sector desired.
- Written and oral fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English required.
- Ability to work and train using ESRI software (ArcGIS 9.x, ArcInfo Desktop, ArcSDE, ArcIMS ArcView 3.x) Other software also (ie: ERDAS Imagine, Idrisi Kilimanjaro or Idrisi Andes).
- Familiarity in programming in related languages desired.
- Personal computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets, email, presentation, and database software.
- Familiarity with at least one statistical software package is desired.
- Excellent organization and management skills essential, including ability to coordinate a variety of tasks, meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated strong analytical capability and excellent interpersonal skills are required including the ability to interact effectively with others taking into account cultural sensitivities.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to travel sometimes to remote locations, both domestically and internationally.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.