World Food Programme Indonesia Country Office (CO) invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
Position: Programme Associate
Post Grade: SC6
Starting Date: Soon
Duration: Initial 6 months with possibility for extension
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duty Station: Jayapura
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance of CO Head of Programme and direct supervision of Programme Policy Officer/Head of Field Office, the incumbent will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of country programme activities and processes in alignment with corporate programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide project management support to the country programmes activities to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. social protection, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with CO technical units to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security and nutrition analyses.
- Support the capacity building of sub-national government within the specific technical area (e.g. social protection, food security and vulnerability assessments).
- Assist VAM CO in capacity development of the government counterparts at the provincial and district levels on food security analysis and mapping, particularly Food Security and Vulnerability Map (FSVA).
- Support the Head of Field Office to provide relevant government authorities with technical supports and guidance in planning and organizing training programmes for the purpose of capacity building and programme sustainability.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education, A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Has 5 years working experience in capacity development programmes with government counterparts on food and nutrition security and VAM, M&E and knowledge management. Experience working in emergency situations is an advantage.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed by e-mail to: Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org no later than 3 April 2016.
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link HERE. Please state the vacancy announcement number and title of the post you are applying for in the email’s subject header line.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.