Climate Change Adaptation Advisor
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
BackgroundDAI seeks a Climate Change Adaptation Advisor for a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded “Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK)” Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
The location for this position is Jakarta, Indonesia.
Summary of Primary Duties The Climate Change Adaptation Advisor will provide technical leadership over activities under the following integrated Tasks:
- Enhance subnational government and community resilience to climate change and weather-related national disasters
- Strengthen targeted climate and weather information services
- Awareness and capacity development for the private sector
- Provide technical leadership over activities under integrated Tasks listed above.
- Support the regional teams in the conduct of gender-sensitive stakeholder consultations on climate and disaster information needs at the landscape and district level.
- Strengthen landscape-level CCA and DRR mechanisms to encourage subnational governments work collaboratively toward landscape resilience.
- Help develop a user-focused, market-based strategy that seeks to meet placed-based demand with a commensurate supply of tailored, accessible information products from agencies such as BMKG and BNPB.
- Develop or strengthen forums, tools, analyses to improve private sector understanding and integration of climate and disaster risks into plans and operations.
- Analyze how projected climate changes will impact each province.
- Engage both large and small businesses and facilitate their development of business climate stories that will identify how weather changes are impacting businesses and economies.
- Lead efforts to turn data into actionable adaptation planning and implementation for decision makers across diverse stakeholder groups.
- At least seven years of experience in climate change adaptation.
- At least a master’s degree or a higher degree in a relevant field of study, such as environmental management, agriculture, fishery, spatial planning, economics, public policy; natural, earth, or physical sciences; engineering; business administration; governance; climate change, climate change adaptation, disaster resilience; or other related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of climate variability and change and/or disaster risk management, as well as capacity building related to the provision and use of information to inform actions about disaster risk reduction or climate variability and change.
- Demonstrated understanding of climate vulnerability and risk assessment in a developing country context, with Indonesia or Southeast Asia preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong English writing and speaking skills.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.