Disaster Risk Reduction Specialist
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control,water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
Adaptasi Perubahan Iklim dan Ketangguhan (APIK) Project is a 5-year, $19 million USAID funded Project. The purpose of APIK is to support the Government of Indonesia to strengthen climate and disaster resilience, working in an integrated manner from the national level down to the community level. APIK will help to mainstream climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction into national and sub-national governance frameworks, build the capacity of local communities and the private sector to address climate change and weather-related natural hazards, and support the use of information for climate and disaster risk management among key stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Regional Managers to design, implement, and evaluate DRR strategies, program activities, and best practices that are tailored to eachtarget landscape and district;
- Provide research and analysis on each target location and collect information on DRR and sector issues in a specific region;
- Communicate best practices and lessons learned with community stakeholders, collaborating with the Communications, Outreach and Knowledge Management Specialist as needed;
- Develop training and DRR implementation tools for use at the community and regional level.
- Proven experience with DRR policy issues
- Experience providing policy and advisory services to determine best approaches for enhanced development effectiveness in support of DRR
- Experience with resilience-focused activities, resource mobilization, and advocacy
- University degree in a relevant field
- Strong English speaking and writing abilities.
- Reports directly to the Regional Manager
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to APIK_recruitment@dai.com. Please send applications no later than 27 April 2016. Applicants are instructed to write “ Disaster Risk Reduction Specialist – LOCATION – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.