EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF MALUKU SPICE COUNCIL (DRM)
Open Date: 14th April 2016
Closing Date: 25th April 2016
We are looking for a high-caliber Indonesian talents with a keen-eye and strong ability to join with Maluku Spice Council (DRM) the first spice business hub institution in Maluku. Maluku Spice Council has been established and officially designated by Indonesia Spice Council through Decree No. 009/DP-DRI/VIII/2012 dated August 31, 2012.
Program goal is to improve the ability of these spice value chains to benefit poor farmers and increase their income, by increasing the capacity of the Maluku Spice Council to be an effective business hub that advances the development of the spice market. The Spice Council will support increased production, improvements in quality, and fostering ‘win-win’ business relationships between farmer groups and buyers.
MSC is a one of private organizations who working together with other private organizations and government agencies which paid attention to spice sectors, such as, P21H (Asosiasi Perhimpunan Petani Satu Hati), Forestry and Plantation Agency at regency level, Industry and Trade Agency and the regency. In the network of spice sector development, particularly nutmegs and cloves, MSC had been so far directly dealing with farmers and build collaboration with Maluku and Central Maluku related government agencies on provide capacity building of farmers and conducting business forum in Maluku as well as involving in National and International Market and Business forum and conference since 2012.
The Executive Director will build up organizational profile and strategy to bringing back the pride of Maluku as Spice Island, through bonding all opportunity of private and government socio-culture and business on collaboration commitment in local, national and international for enabling positive and fair market environment to ensure increasing farmers welfare and global healthy needed.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the public sector, private sector or profit and non-profit organizations. S/he will be committed to the MSC and Spice Community-building process, and have a good understanding of how to build good relationships with governments, the business sector, civil society, farmer, academia, and any other potential stakeholder.
The Executive Director will be reporting to the Chairman of Executive Board of Maluku Spice Council in Ambon Office.
This will be an exciting challenge for an individual to grow the Spice Business Hub Institution. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible to develop direction to the formulation and achievement of the MSC’s philosophy, vision, mission, strategy and goals
- Ensure all organizational documents are available and reflect or driven the MSC to be effectively deliver on the strategic objectives defined by the Executive Board Maluku Spice Council
- Able to analyze, develop important key aspects to be deliver input improvement on organizational restructuring, review standard operational policies and procedure, and any other crucial organizational elements that giving clear and effective guidance to MSC presenting their mandate and role. This include set the direction of the new developments and set the policies in place if needed and require by MSC Executive Board
- Present for Executive Board on searches potential funding opportunity (include managing revenues-source of funds and expenditures) and linked management of resources.
- Provide operational leadership by translating strategic plans into annual operating plans
- Communicate with government, farmer, trader and buyer, any other potential donor in and outside Maluku to understand their requirements in order to develop business plan and strategy marketing
- Communicate with buyer about progress and issues in local, national and international spice market in term to understand procedure requirement and provide recommendation to Executive Board on policy advocacy step
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties
- Review financial statements, develop activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity scope of works achieving and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
- Determine staffing requirement, and interview, hire and train admin-finance officer, based on human resources personnel processes
- Any other related works required by MSC Executive Board
- Indonesia citizen, on Age 35-45 years old
- Possess a university degree or professional qualifications from a reputable institution, preferably in a relevant discipline such as Business and Market Administration, Human Resources, or Public Policy. Candidates with an advanced degree are preferred.
- Must have good knowledge and understanding of spice market world
- Have at least 5 years of professional work experience, 3 years of which are at a management level, i.e. leadership of a medium-sized organization, or a senior leadership role in a large organization, involving the management of significant organizational change.
- Excellent ability to communicate and interact with people at various levels (include experience in developing and leading a communication and developing media strategy).
- A strong leader, motivator and communicator. A vibrant and positive go-getter attitude, a self-starter who takes in challenges and work at seeing them through
- Experience in developing budgets, analyzing revenue and fiscal management and planning.
- Middle skills in fundraising and grant writing, including the ability to expand the network of donors and partner organizations, and in-depth experience negotiating with multi-sector stakeholders.
- Have the necessary skills to cultivate good working relationships with Governments of MALUKU and INDONESIA and its partners, relevant international and regional bodies as well as with various sectors, such as foundations and civil society organizations, especially within the Market.
- Proficient in using financial analysis to assess feasibility of a MSC investment opportunity
- Fluent in English
- Be in good health.
- Able to work under limited supervision.
Interested applicants should send their CV and Cover Letter to Gun Mardiatmoko, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to: Agus Kastanya, email: email@example.com with
the subject of: Executive Director MSC, Ambon
the subject of: Executive Director MSC, Ambon
Applications will be closed 14 days after the publication of this advertisement (April 14th).
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.