National Consultant to Support the National Coordination Team – Capturing Demand for South–South and Triangular Cooperation in Indonesia”
The Joint Indonesian - German Project " South-South and Triangular Cooperation and Networks for Global Governance" (SSTC/NGG), Implemented by GIZ
Indonesia is playing an important role on the international stage. As an active member of the G20, the ASEAN and the High–Level Panel on the Global Development Framework beyond 2015, the country has taken responsibility in shaping global policies. One key element of this development is the heavy engagement of Indonesia in the area of South–South and Triangular Cooperation (SSTC) which also directly corresponds to the Sustainable Development Goals; goal 17 in particular.
To further improve the coordination and also to develop binding standards for the related institutions in implementing their programs in SSTC, a National Coordination Team for South–South and Triangular Cooperation (NCT) has been established. This team comprises of the Ministry of National Development Planning (Badan/Kementerian Perencanaan Pembangunan Nasional/BAPPENAS), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Kementerian Luar Negeri), the Ministry of Finance (Kementerian Keuangan) and the Ministry of State Secretariat (Kementerian Sekretariat Negara).
Since its establishment in 2010, NCT has successfully developed coordination mechanisms between its member ministries, line ministries and other relevant partners and stakeholders. Through the establishment and continuous development of the NCT Indonesia has been able to strengthen its international position in the SSTC sector. Further, the Medium–term National Development Plan (Rencana Pembangunan Jangka Menengah Nasional/ RPJMN 2015–2019) defines a one gate policy that will lead to the establishment of a single entity to implement Indonesia’s SSTC in the future.
Commissioned by German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the joint Indonesian–German “South–South and Triangular Cooperation and Networks for Global Governance” (SSTC/NGG) implemented by GIZ will seek to further strengthen Indonesia in SSTC Cooperation and in its role within the jointly identified Networks for Global Governance.
Following this and under the overall guidance of the NCT, and direct supervision from the project Principal Advisor and National Advisor, the consultant will works closely under the coordination with the NCT, specifically the Chair and Co–Chair of Working Group 1 in SSTC areas such as related to planning, implementing, reporting, and coordinating with related stakeholders related to the Working Group (WG) 1 that work on capturing demand within South–South and Triangular Cooperation. S/he will be reporting to the Principal Advisor and National Advisor of SSTC/NGG project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Result Expected :
- Support the planning of the project activities focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist the National Coordination Team Working Group 1 on capturing demand of NCT SSTC in the preparation of quarterly and annual work plan related to SSTC pilot activities with Myanmar and other partners;
- Work with the Project Principal Advisor/ National Advisor of GIZ SSTC/NGG to ensure quality, relevance and timelines of project work plans of SSTC specifically on capturing demand.
- Support the implementation of project activities focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Work with Chair and Co-Chair of Working Group 1 of NCT, Project Principal Advisor/ National Advisor of SSTC/NGG in supporting the development and implementation of SSTC between the Government of Indonesia and related partners;
- Prepare and submit activity progress report for Working Group 1 on a monthly basis and, or by requested, prepare other reports and briefs as required by the SSTC/NGG Project Principal Advisor and/ or National Advisor;
- Liase with and act as the link between a variety of stakeholders, specifically the Working Group 1 of NCT, partners, experts, civil society and the academic community to ensure that the project achieves the output;
- Provide information and feedback for stakeholders, specifically from internal NCT to Working Group 1 of NCT and vice versa and to other Working Groups and stakeholders;
- Support the Working Group 1 of NCT SSTC in organizing meetings involving related stakeholders to support the development cooperation agenda, facilitate meeting, and implementing activities, including planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Support the Working Group 1 of NCT SSTC and SSTC/NGG Project Principal Advisor/ National Advisor in drafting/ revision of Terms of Reference (TOR) for specific activities, participation in consultant and evaluation team selection as well as technical support and feedback on the project implementation of WG 1;
- Prepare and consolidate the procurement plan and implementation for the project in accordance with Government regulation and GIZ rules
- Support facilitation and knowledge sharing in the area of SSTC project, focusing on achievement of following results:
- Support the design and establishment of information system of SSTC projects specifically on the Working Group 1 activities;
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things; and
- Support the documentation and systematic filing system of key documents in hard and soft copies according to audit requirement.
- Assist any duties relevant for the NCT requested by Head of Technical Team of NCT SSTC/ Chair and Co–Chair of Working Group 1 of NCT SSTC and/ or GIZ.
- Corporate Competencies:
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the GoI – GIZ’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of GoI and GIZ;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Functional Competencies:
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness.
- Ability apply conceptual models in support of formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects;
- Good knowledge of the results management guide and toolkit;
- Strong coordinating and knowledgeable of the substantial aspects specifically on monitoring and evaluation as well as knowledge sharing of South–South and Triangular Cooperation;
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business idea), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude, always in control even under pressure;
- Demonstrates strong liaison skills with multi stakeholders;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Master degree in International Relations, Political Science, Law, Social Science, Management, Development Studies, or relevant degree.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in project management;
- Experienced in working with Government and international Organisations (in particular with Bappenas, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of State Secretariat and/ or GIZ);
- Have experience in billateral and multilateral development cooperation would be an advantage;
- Have excellent project reporting and writing skills, both in Bahasa and English;
- Demonstrates strong coordinating skills, and understanding of the substantial issues of development cooperation, south–south and triangular cooperation, and administrative aspects of project management.
Language Requirements: Proficiency in English and Bahasa language, spoken and written.
Comprehensive resume and salary expectation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with CSWG1–NCT code as email subject by 2 May 2016. Application including cover letter and latest CV. Successful candidate will be hired under the joint Indonesian-German SSTC/NGG project and will be reporting to the Princial Advisor of the project. The details of the assignment will be further discussed and agreed by the two parties.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.