Name of program: Local Governance Service Improvement Program (KINERJA)
Duty Station: Jayapura, Papua
Kinerja Project, a local governance program funded by USAID focusing on providing service delivery in the areas of education, health and economic services is currently looking for applications for the Book-keeper position to be based in Jayapura, Papua Province. Candidate should have demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-cultural settings and possessed ability to communicate in verbal and written English.
General Description of Position:
Provides assistant in Kinerja Papua Provincial office in Jayapura in managing all financial and accounting functions for the project ensuring that RTI financial policies are properly implemented and all transactions are properly processed, recorded and reported on time. The book-keeper is required to maintain the accuracy of these transaction records to ensure USAID compliance. He/she is to regularly assist the Papua Finance and Grants Officer to review the financial system and filing, in accordance with RTI and USAID policies and procedures.
This position reports to Finance and Grants Officer in Papua with day-to-day management from the Papua Program Manager and Jakarta Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all types of expenses are properly authorized and documented.
- Execute petty cash, bank and other project transactions and initiate improvements, when necessary.
- Prepare, record and maintain all disbursement vouchers.
- Manage all types of daily expense transactions incurred by Kinerja and ensure accuracy for reporting purposes.
- Perform routine accounting and finance transactions.
- Manage the filing of financial and accounting records and regularly review the organization of these records.
- Makes accounting entries in QuickBooks in compliance with RTI policies and procedures.
- Scans voucher documents and do source link at QuickBooks.
- Issues advances for traveling project staff, sub-recipients and grantees; reconciles advances against submitted travel reports and invoices.
- Conducts cash count of Petty Cash at the end of the month.
- Initiates wire transfers to pay project expenses, prepares bank vouchers for financial transactions and routes them for approval signatures.
- Responds to inquiries from Papua staff and National Office regarding monthly expense reports.
- Provides technical assistance of accounting and Kinerja-USAID financial procedures and compliance as required.
- Reviews and ensures adherence to KINERJA and USAID administrative/financial compliance procedures for all expenditures.
- Reviews Activity Expense Reports as required.
- Within the scope of works, performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 3 years of experience performing similar duties as book-keeper
- Knowledge of banking and financial procedures
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and managing priorities
- High degree of adaptability to varied working environments and good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- High standard of personal and professional integrity
- Experience in administering USAID and RTI financial regulations, systems and procedures is desirable
- Proficient in MS Excel and working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is preferable
Able to communicate in both native language and English (written and spoken)
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter with specify availability date to: email@example.com not later a week after this vacancy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Follow Us By Email
Jika Anda Membutuhkan Informasi Kerja Ngo click here, Terima kasih Telah Berlangganan Via Email.